Saturday, 19 April 2008

Superstar......


What a week..........Went to the London marathon on Sunday which was amazing.....we stood opposite the London eye just past the 25 mile marker. The atmosphere was fantastic. We had friends along the highway in the docklands and my uncle was at the 19 mile mark. We had roughly tracked what time Mark would be at the points due to his training plan, so we were able to predict what time he would pass. He did amazingly well completing in 3hrs & 51mins. He was 5mins behind Gordon Ramsey and just infront of Ronan Keeting. I am so proud of him, he ran past us as if he had just started!!He said that the crowds were brilliant and really lift you. I was really impressed with the whole organisation of it with 35,000 people running through London, it was a very humbling & emotional day.

This weeks challenge on UKS was to complete a layout using the following:
So … use a map or plan of some kind on your LO = 10pts
The sailors must have sailed a lot of seas, so for using the colour blue = 5pts.
Use a hand-made embellishment = 5pts
Use ink on your LO (eg stamped image, inked edges etc) = 5pts
Use eyelets and/or brads - 5pts
Challenge couldn't have come at a better time!!!

6 comments:

ScrappyPam said...

What a great layout and way to remember the day!

samgirl said...

Cool!! Good on your brother! and good on you - great layout :)

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Great layout, congrats to your brother, it must feel fantastic! Just wanted to say hi and there's still time to enter my competition!
Kim

Kit said...

Great layout!! I am inspired to use a map on one of mine!!! Wish I had made it to the marathon one of my best friends from uni was running and I missed it, looks like it was a fab day!

Felice-nst said...

Great Layout. I love it. Is very momerable... Is a great way to emphasis the day. Is like a picture diary!! "Is what I like to do so..=)"

Robyn said...

That is a great page!!! Good job!

Saturday, 19 April 2008

Superstar......


What a week..........Went to the London marathon on Sunday which was amazing.....we stood opposite the London eye just past the 25 mile marker. The atmosphere was fantastic. We had friends along the highway in the docklands and my uncle was at the 19 mile mark. We had roughly tracked what time Mark would be at the points due to his training plan, so we were able to predict what time he would pass. He did amazingly well completing in 3hrs & 51mins. He was 5mins behind Gordon Ramsey and just infront of Ronan Keeting. I am so proud of him, he ran past us as if he had just started!!He said that the crowds were brilliant and really lift you. I was really impressed with the whole organisation of it with 35,000 people running through London, it was a very humbling & emotional day.

This weeks challenge on UKS was to complete a layout using the following:
So … use a map or plan of some kind on your LO = 10pts
The sailors must have sailed a lot of seas, so for using the colour blue = 5pts.
Use a hand-made embellishment = 5pts
Use ink on your LO (eg stamped image, inked edges etc) = 5pts
Use eyelets and/or brads - 5pts
Challenge couldn't have come at a better time!!!

6 comments:

ScrappyPam said...

What a great layout and way to remember the day!

samgirl said...

Cool!! Good on your brother! and good on you - great layout :)

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Great layout, congrats to your brother, it must feel fantastic! Just wanted to say hi and there's still time to enter my competition!
Kim

Kit said...

Great layout!! I am inspired to use a map on one of mine!!! Wish I had made it to the marathon one of my best friends from uni was running and I missed it, looks like it was a fab day!

Felice-nst said...

Great Layout. I love it. Is very momerable... Is a great way to emphasis the day. Is like a picture diary!! "Is what I like to do so..=)"

Robyn said...

That is a great page!!! Good job!