Saturday, 3 May 2008

Good times with Gramps xx

evening everyone....I've actually completed a challenge layout for UKs today!..had to use a heritage photo in a modern style, Old stash, Green,4 papers......here it is..the photo is of my nan taken in 1941..my gramps carried it in his pocket during the war...inside the bag is a letter that i gave her when she died....xxxx
as the sun was shining today, i was up very early...went to Gramps where we pottered around the greenhouse chatting and drinking tea!and me reading the paper to him...it's these times that i love the best with him. Today we were very excited about the snooker (yes i know ..i can hear people snoring!!)..when i was in my teens (whilst at school) I worked in a snooker hall as a waitress...many saturday's along with my friend Just, we had the task of 'baby-sitting' a junior snooker player - Ronnie O'sullivan!..my nan & grandad lived next door to Barry Hearn's (big snooker/boxing manager)chauffeur - who used to take gramps to a lot of the games...so gramps & i have a mutual love of the game... Ronnie has been on fire this week...and kept gramps very entertained!....so this morning was spent bimbling along!..he is so much brighter when it's sunny....This is what he said to me today "I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift and as long as my eyes open,I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away just for this time in my life. Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories."...he then kissed me and said "Thankyou for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing"....How lovely was that....i'm storing it away for another day.X

4 comments:

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Truely beautiful, what a wonderful way to appreciate life. I never had time with either grand dad so I hope you feel very blessed!
Lovely layout too!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Almost crying as I read this! What a wonderful and inspiring attitude to life. Love the page that you have created, it'll hold very special memories for you I'm sure in years to come.

Robyn said...

Beautiful page!

Lisadwb said...

Lovely layout.

Saturday, 3 May 2008

Good times with Gramps xx

evening everyone....I've actually completed a challenge layout for UKs today!..had to use a heritage photo in a modern style, Old stash, Green,4 papers......here it is..the photo is of my nan taken in 1941..my gramps carried it in his pocket during the war...inside the bag is a letter that i gave her when she died....xxxx
as the sun was shining today, i was up very early...went to Gramps where we pottered around the greenhouse chatting and drinking tea!and me reading the paper to him...it's these times that i love the best with him. Today we were very excited about the snooker (yes i know ..i can hear people snoring!!)..when i was in my teens (whilst at school) I worked in a snooker hall as a waitress...many saturday's along with my friend Just, we had the task of 'baby-sitting' a junior snooker player - Ronnie O'sullivan!..my nan & grandad lived next door to Barry Hearn's (big snooker/boxing manager)chauffeur - who used to take gramps to a lot of the games...so gramps & i have a mutual love of the game... Ronnie has been on fire this week...and kept gramps very entertained!....so this morning was spent bimbling along!..he is so much brighter when it's sunny....This is what he said to me today "I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift and as long as my eyes open,I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away just for this time in my life. Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories."...he then kissed me and said "Thankyou for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing"....How lovely was that....i'm storing it away for another day.X

4 comments:

PaperBabe - Kim said...

Truely beautiful, what a wonderful way to appreciate life. I never had time with either grand dad so I hope you feel very blessed!
Lovely layout too!

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Almost crying as I read this! What a wonderful and inspiring attitude to life. Love the page that you have created, it'll hold very special memories for you I'm sure in years to come.

Robyn said...

Beautiful page!

Lisadwb said...

Lovely layout.