Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Cupcakes for Change


I have sat for most of the night with my grandad watching the american states submit their votes for the next american president wishing that I was out in New York.(accompanied by patriotic cupcakes!).....america in my belief made the right decision yesterday. John McCain made an amazing speech congratulating Barak Obama, I only hope that some of his far left Republicans respect his views and follow suit. He was gracious in defeat and I genuinely like the guy, however he couldn't dissociate himself from the Bush administration and Sarah Palin is a scary thought in any leadership role!...Election fever hasn't hit this level of global interest since JFK and I can understand why, it isn't about, colour or race its about the need for change and how much influence the american president can have on the rest of the world. If only our politics was as exciting or inspiring!

No comments:

Wednesday, 5 November 2008

Cupcakes for Change


I have sat for most of the night with my grandad watching the american states submit their votes for the next american president wishing that I was out in New York.(accompanied by patriotic cupcakes!).....america in my belief made the right decision yesterday. John McCain made an amazing speech congratulating Barak Obama, I only hope that some of his far left Republicans respect his views and follow suit. He was gracious in defeat and I genuinely like the guy, however he couldn't dissociate himself from the Bush administration and Sarah Palin is a scary thought in any leadership role!...Election fever hasn't hit this level of global interest since JFK and I can understand why, it isn't about, colour or race its about the need for change and how much influence the american president can have on the rest of the world. If only our politics was as exciting or inspiring!

No comments: