Monday, 13 April 2009

Two weddings and a Funeral

As the title suggests, my life over the last two weeks.... a real roller-coaster, a ride that I am still on and will probably be for some time.
I would like to say a heartfelt thankyou for all the comments, emails and cards that I have received on the passing of my beloved gramps. I am constantly amazed by 'blogland' and the fact that people that i don't know read my blog and take the time out of their busy lives to show they care, so a really big THANKYOU x
My days currently fluctuate between complete denial that he's gone to an overwhelming sadness that he's no longer here, and dealing with this huge void that he has left in my life. I know with time that my life will re-adjust, but for now the roller-coaster continues to go through loops.
After my nan passed i took some time off and completed a floristry course, my gramps was extremely proud and loved everything that I did.
So with a heavy heart I made the decision to do my brother & I's flowers and flowers from my niece and nephew,the great grandchildren.



Our final goodbyes were said with military honours last wednesday in glorious sunshine.
xx

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Two beautiful flower arrangements.
Take care
x

Erika said...

What beautiful flowers Teresa...I'm sure he would have loved them. Sending more cyber hugs your way............

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous work.

Thinking of you sending love and hugs.

Kelly

Shazza said...

gorgeous tributes x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

What a lovely tribute T. That must have been difficult for you to do but a lovely touch. Sending you lots of love. Lainy x

Florence and Mary said...

So sorry to read of your loss, I can completely sympathsise having lost my nan 2 months ago which was a complete surprise to us.

Victoria xx

Monday, 13 April 2009

Two weddings and a Funeral

As the title suggests, my life over the last two weeks.... a real roller-coaster, a ride that I am still on and will probably be for some time.
I would like to say a heartfelt thankyou for all the comments, emails and cards that I have received on the passing of my beloved gramps. I am constantly amazed by 'blogland' and the fact that people that i don't know read my blog and take the time out of their busy lives to show they care, so a really big THANKYOU x
My days currently fluctuate between complete denial that he's gone to an overwhelming sadness that he's no longer here, and dealing with this huge void that he has left in my life. I know with time that my life will re-adjust, but for now the roller-coaster continues to go through loops.
After my nan passed i took some time off and completed a floristry course, my gramps was extremely proud and loved everything that I did.
So with a heavy heart I made the decision to do my brother & I's flowers and flowers from my niece and nephew,the great grandchildren.



Our final goodbyes were said with military honours last wednesday in glorious sunshine.
xx

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Two beautiful flower arrangements.
Take care
x

Erika said...

What beautiful flowers Teresa...I'm sure he would have loved them. Sending more cyber hugs your way............

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous work.

Thinking of you sending love and hugs.

Kelly

Shazza said...

gorgeous tributes x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

What a lovely tribute T. That must have been difficult for you to do but a lovely touch. Sending you lots of love. Lainy x

Florence and Mary said...

So sorry to read of your loss, I can completely sympathsise having lost my nan 2 months ago which was a complete surprise to us.

Victoria xx