Monday, 13 April 2009

wedding two...


In amongst the fog of grief i have had my friend Lucy's wedding cake to finish. Lucy and Chris (bride & groom) flew off to Mexico in the middle of march with family & friends to get married on April 2nd. Due to various reasons I made the decision last year not to go to Mexico, in hindsight i am so glad that I did as circumstances changed drastically. Part of the wedding ceremony in mexico involved releasing butterflies, so this became a common thread throughout the wedding theme. On Easter Saturday Lucy & Chris held a blessing and reception for friends & family that couldn't go to mexico. I didn't attend the day as my social skills are not too good at the moment, also the day is a celebration for Lucy & Chris and I didn't want to distract from that. Wishing you both a lifetime of health, happiness, love & luck.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What a lovely tradition with the butterflies. Superb cake.

Erika said...

Wow what a fab cake and I too love the butterflies.....

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutley gorgeous Teresa!!

Shazza said...

stunning cake, love the butterfly release idea
x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fabulous cake T, you're so talented. Love the simplicity of it and the butterflies around the edges. Hugs, Lainy x

Monday, 13 April 2009

wedding two...


In amongst the fog of grief i have had my friend Lucy's wedding cake to finish. Lucy and Chris (bride & groom) flew off to Mexico in the middle of march with family & friends to get married on April 2nd. Due to various reasons I made the decision last year not to go to Mexico, in hindsight i am so glad that I did as circumstances changed drastically. Part of the wedding ceremony in mexico involved releasing butterflies, so this became a common thread throughout the wedding theme. On Easter Saturday Lucy & Chris held a blessing and reception for friends & family that couldn't go to mexico. I didn't attend the day as my social skills are not too good at the moment, also the day is a celebration for Lucy & Chris and I didn't want to distract from that. Wishing you both a lifetime of health, happiness, love & luck.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

What a lovely tradition with the butterflies. Superb cake.

Erika said...

Wow what a fab cake and I too love the butterflies.....

Kelly Schelske said...

Absolutley gorgeous Teresa!!

Shazza said...

stunning cake, love the butterfly release idea
x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Fabulous cake T, you're so talented. Love the simplicity of it and the butterflies around the edges. Hugs, Lainy x