Thursday, 28 May 2009

goodbye ER!....


tonight saw the last ever episode of ER, after 15 seasons the scrubs are no more. There are many reasons to be thankful to ER:
  1. It introduced the world to the gorgeous George Clooney.
  2. It raised the bar for cutting edge drama, Casualty would never look the same again!
  3. Anthony Edwards was recognised as a great actor other than Tom Cruises sidekick Goose in Top Gun!
  4. All women went to A&E in the faint hope that George would be there to nurse their wounds!
  5. We all lived through the pain & heartache of Doug & Carol with the "happy ever after"

As you can guess I have been a huge fan since season 1 and this last season has been fantastic. Michael Crichton was an amazing writer and will be much missed in the literary world as well as the world of film & tv.


It has made us laugh, cry and hope but most of all it has kept us gripped for many years.... I have cried all the way thru the last episode!

So Goodbye ER...you will be much missed......

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

I thought the programme before ER was also really good and it was very touching to see some of the stars getting upset. I used to watch ER, and had the hots for Jon Carter, but lost interest when he left, but I watched last nights episode and it was like I hadn't been away. It was good wasn't it.

Florence and Mary said...

I used to watch ER in the early days but hadn't for some time but couldn't miss the last ever episode and really enjoyed it. I'm requesting series 1 from the library so i can start from the beginning!

Victoria xx

Thursday, 28 May 2009

goodbye ER!....


tonight saw the last ever episode of ER, after 15 seasons the scrubs are no more. There are many reasons to be thankful to ER:
  1. It introduced the world to the gorgeous George Clooney.
  2. It raised the bar for cutting edge drama, Casualty would never look the same again!
  3. Anthony Edwards was recognised as a great actor other than Tom Cruises sidekick Goose in Top Gun!
  4. All women went to A&E in the faint hope that George would be there to nurse their wounds!
  5. We all lived through the pain & heartache of Doug & Carol with the "happy ever after"

As you can guess I have been a huge fan since season 1 and this last season has been fantastic. Michael Crichton was an amazing writer and will be much missed in the literary world as well as the world of film & tv.


It has made us laugh, cry and hope but most of all it has kept us gripped for many years.... I have cried all the way thru the last episode!

So Goodbye ER...you will be much missed......

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

I thought the programme before ER was also really good and it was very touching to see some of the stars getting upset. I used to watch ER, and had the hots for Jon Carter, but lost interest when he left, but I watched last nights episode and it was like I hadn't been away. It was good wasn't it.

Florence and Mary said...

I used to watch ER in the early days but hadn't for some time but couldn't miss the last ever episode and really enjoyed it. I'm requesting series 1 from the library so i can start from the beginning!

Victoria xx