Saturday, 13 June 2009

cupcake tower

In-between my excitement of spending time with David Beckham, and battling the tube strike, I have had a wedding cake to make for a friend of a friend this week. The wedding cake consisted of a two tier chocolate sponge cake accompanied by 100 cupcakes.
As you probably realise little of this can be made in advance! Fortunately I suffer with insomnia so I have been able to do much of this at very odd hours of the day!
The cupcakes were decorated with iced roses & blossom and the cake decorated with iced roses all sprinkled with a little glitter! (edible of course)... for those that saw the recent kirsty homemade series will know what i'm talking about! To accent the cake stand red roses with glitter were cut & placed in cupcake cases.
I delivered & set up the cake this afternoon in glorious sunshine, as always having a complete confidence crisis when driving away that they like it! today I was accompanied by a friend who thought I was completely nuts.

5 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hello TCake, Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. The cake is amazing, its far too pretty to eat its a a work of art. I saw Kirstys programme, If I tried I would end up covered in glitter! X

Debbie said...

Oooh that looks gorgeous!

Archies Mum said...

You are such a talented person Yola

Pam said...

Hi TCakes I stumbled upon your blog on one of my many random picks from the crafty blogs. Your creations are lovely, and I'm particularly impressed with your cakes - they make mine look sadly lacking! I'll just need to keep practicing!!

Pam

Sharon said...

Stunning!!!

Saturday, 13 June 2009

cupcake tower

In-between my excitement of spending time with David Beckham, and battling the tube strike, I have had a wedding cake to make for a friend of a friend this week. The wedding cake consisted of a two tier chocolate sponge cake accompanied by 100 cupcakes.
As you probably realise little of this can be made in advance! Fortunately I suffer with insomnia so I have been able to do much of this at very odd hours of the day!
The cupcakes were decorated with iced roses & blossom and the cake decorated with iced roses all sprinkled with a little glitter! (edible of course)... for those that saw the recent kirsty homemade series will know what i'm talking about! To accent the cake stand red roses with glitter were cut & placed in cupcake cases.
I delivered & set up the cake this afternoon in glorious sunshine, as always having a complete confidence crisis when driving away that they like it! today I was accompanied by a friend who thought I was completely nuts.

5 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hello TCake, Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog. The cake is amazing, its far too pretty to eat its a a work of art. I saw Kirstys programme, If I tried I would end up covered in glitter! X

Debbie said...

Oooh that looks gorgeous!

Archies Mum said...

You are such a talented person Yola

Pam said...

Hi TCakes I stumbled upon your blog on one of my many random picks from the crafty blogs. Your creations are lovely, and I'm particularly impressed with your cakes - they make mine look sadly lacking! I'll just need to keep practicing!!

Pam

Sharon said...

Stunning!!!