Friday, 28 August 2009

Enid Blyton...........


This week there has been numerous previews & spoilers of 'autumn' viewing on the TV.... one of which was this, a series of biopic dramas scheduled for bbc4... the first being the life of Enid Blyton (played by Helena Bonham Carter).

As most know I loved the EB books as a child and still have several of my hardbacks from then, including a couple of first additions.... My favs are of course 'Famous Five' & 'Secret Seven'.... no great surprise that I went on to be an investigator.. I wonder what shaped & influenced that then?

Preview here on you tube... so i'm off to make my tomato sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs (with a screw of salt) shortbread, lemonade & lashings of ginger beer in anticipation!


1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm really looking forward to the EB programme, thank you for the link to You Tube for the preview.

Nice collection of books there... I'll be on the hunt for more to add to my collection at the weekend.

Victoria xx

Friday, 28 August 2009

Enid Blyton...........


This week there has been numerous previews & spoilers of 'autumn' viewing on the TV.... one of which was this, a series of biopic dramas scheduled for bbc4... the first being the life of Enid Blyton (played by Helena Bonham Carter).

As most know I loved the EB books as a child and still have several of my hardbacks from then, including a couple of first additions.... My favs are of course 'Famous Five' & 'Secret Seven'.... no great surprise that I went on to be an investigator.. I wonder what shaped & influenced that then?

Preview here on you tube... so i'm off to make my tomato sandwiches, hard-boiled eggs (with a screw of salt) shortbread, lemonade & lashings of ginger beer in anticipation!


1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm really looking forward to the EB programme, thank you for the link to You Tube for the preview.

Nice collection of books there... I'll be on the hunt for more to add to my collection at the weekend.

Victoria xx