Saturday, 3 October 2009

Quilting at Liberty's

Today I've spent the day at Liberty's in London learning how to patchwork quilt. The day was lovely, informative and I learnt lots!... I love the Liberty building, so be ensconced into a lovely old room for the day, sewing and being served afternoon tea was great.

There was 5 of us at the workshop, 4 ladies & 1 gent and we had lots of fun. Good value for money,all materials to make 5 blocks.We had coffee & danishes to start, and afternoon tea all thrown in for the price too.

Janet the teacher was lovely, patient, full of knowledge and information about quilting.

I managed to complete 3 blocks there, a basic 9 patch block, a monkey wrench and a ohio star with fabric and patterns to finish off a rail fence and astrip rail block at home!... it's all jargon to me but I liked it!.
I've always loved patchwork, especially memory quilts,(check out the film Stepmom)...I now have no excuse to cut up all my fabrics that are languishing under the stairs..... mmm what can I make for Christmas.......

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Glad you had fun! I'd love to make a patchwork quilt!

Victoria xx

Saturday, 3 October 2009

Quilting at Liberty's

Today I've spent the day at Liberty's in London learning how to patchwork quilt. The day was lovely, informative and I learnt lots!... I love the Liberty building, so be ensconced into a lovely old room for the day, sewing and being served afternoon tea was great.

There was 5 of us at the workshop, 4 ladies & 1 gent and we had lots of fun. Good value for money,all materials to make 5 blocks.We had coffee & danishes to start, and afternoon tea all thrown in for the price too.

Janet the teacher was lovely, patient, full of knowledge and information about quilting.

I managed to complete 3 blocks there, a basic 9 patch block, a monkey wrench and a ohio star with fabric and patterns to finish off a rail fence and astrip rail block at home!... it's all jargon to me but I liked it!.
I've always loved patchwork, especially memory quilts,(check out the film Stepmom)...I now have no excuse to cut up all my fabrics that are languishing under the stairs..... mmm what can I make for Christmas.......

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Glad you had fun! I'd love to make a patchwork quilt!

Victoria xx