Tuesday, 24 November 2009

1 week and counting!

can you tell that i am desperate to go away now!...well the planning has moved up a gear now. I've even plotted places to go on my map!... how organised am I.
As well as numerous shops to seek out, there are a few tourist musts for me so in no particular order;

Top of the Rock @ the Rockefeller Centre ~ everyone heads for the Empire State Building for views of New York, however this gives amazing views which include the Empire State. (usually less Q's too!)
Central Park ~ Where else can you ice- skate, go to the zoo, climb to the top of a castle, stand in strawberry fields, drink hot chocolate amongst the sparkling trees of Tavern on the Green all within a park in one of the busiest cities in the world!
New York Library ~ a beautiful building with a reading room to die for, ever more famous now thanks to the fated nuptials of Carrie & Mr Big!
Grand Central Station ~ features a concourse that makes you want to dance in it. This building epitomises all the glamour of New York and more.
Brooklyn Bridge ~ an icon of NY which often gets eclipsed by the Statue of Liberty, but if you are down at Battery Park, jump on the subway head over to Brooklyn and then walk back across the bridge. I defy anyone not to think they are in a movie! (who can forget Miranda & Steve in SATC!)
These are on my itinerary, will share some more later in the week. Tx

5 comments:

Itch2stitch.com said...

I am feeling excited for you! suzie. xxx

Florence and Mary said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your trip... I want day by day/minute by minute reviews!!

It's always exciting to hear other peoples visits so I know what not to miss next time I'm out there!

Victoria xx

LissyLou said...

this made me chuckle - as thats exactly what i did with my map!!! xx

Archies Mum said...

Sounds like you are going to have a brilliant time. You lucky person. Plenty of piccies on your return please, and hopefully you'll have plenty to tell us all, can't wait. Yola x

Taz said...

Oh I wish I was going too, I was only there (for the first time) this time last year and I miss it. How does a city do that to you, creep into your heart so quickly. Enjoy, have fun and go crazy :)

Tuesday, 24 November 2009

1 week and counting!

can you tell that i am desperate to go away now!...well the planning has moved up a gear now. I've even plotted places to go on my map!... how organised am I.
As well as numerous shops to seek out, there are a few tourist musts for me so in no particular order;

Top of the Rock @ the Rockefeller Centre ~ everyone heads for the Empire State Building for views of New York, however this gives amazing views which include the Empire State. (usually less Q's too!)
Central Park ~ Where else can you ice- skate, go to the zoo, climb to the top of a castle, stand in strawberry fields, drink hot chocolate amongst the sparkling trees of Tavern on the Green all within a park in one of the busiest cities in the world!
New York Library ~ a beautiful building with a reading room to die for, ever more famous now thanks to the fated nuptials of Carrie & Mr Big!
Grand Central Station ~ features a concourse that makes you want to dance in it. This building epitomises all the glamour of New York and more.
Brooklyn Bridge ~ an icon of NY which often gets eclipsed by the Statue of Liberty, but if you are down at Battery Park, jump on the subway head over to Brooklyn and then walk back across the bridge. I defy anyone not to think they are in a movie! (who can forget Miranda & Steve in SATC!)
These are on my itinerary, will share some more later in the week. Tx

5 comments:

Itch2stitch.com said...

I am feeling excited for you! suzie. xxx

Florence and Mary said...

I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about your trip... I want day by day/minute by minute reviews!!

It's always exciting to hear other peoples visits so I know what not to miss next time I'm out there!

Victoria xx

LissyLou said...

this made me chuckle - as thats exactly what i did with my map!!! xx

Archies Mum said...

Sounds like you are going to have a brilliant time. You lucky person. Plenty of piccies on your return please, and hopefully you'll have plenty to tell us all, can't wait. Yola x

Taz said...

Oh I wish I was going too, I was only there (for the first time) this time last year and I miss it. How does a city do that to you, creep into your heart so quickly. Enjoy, have fun and go crazy :)