Monday, 9 November 2009

We must never forget....

Saturday and Sunday saw Remembrance services take place across the nation. Saturday the Annual Festival of Remembrance at the beautiful Royal Albert Hall and Sunday the Service at the Cenotaph. Both incredibly moving and even more poignant this year.
I didn't realise how difficult I would find this weekend, until it was upon me. It didn't help that I've been fighting a head cold all week which broke Saturday, sofa, duvet and hot lemon in a plenty for rest of weekend and lots of tissues!
Remembrance weekend was always time spent with my grandparents. This year without them both has been really hard, especially without my beloved Gramps.
Early Saturday morning I headed to Westminster to lay my cross in the field of remembrance. The heartbreak of seeing the remembrance field for the boys lost in Afghanistan this year, was incredibly moving.
I was incredibly blessed and lucky to spend the time with my Grandad that i did, His storey will be passed down to future generations but we must always remember the sacrifice that these men have made and are making for us all. This is a layout that I made a couple of years ago... thought it was more poignant this year.

4 comments:

Itch2stitch.com said...

Yes, we should never ever forget. suzie. xxx

Florence and Mary said...

What a beautiful scrapbook layout.

I went to our local parade this year, it was amazing as they were playing the music the sun broke through the clouds and everyone just gasped.

Victoria xx

ExpressYourself said...

Very cool

Kelly said...

Love the scrapbook page! It must have been emotional to make it!
I have been looking into my Dad's family and have been lucky enough to have lots of photos to work with!

Monday, 9 November 2009

We must never forget....

Saturday and Sunday saw Remembrance services take place across the nation. Saturday the Annual Festival of Remembrance at the beautiful Royal Albert Hall and Sunday the Service at the Cenotaph. Both incredibly moving and even more poignant this year.
I didn't realise how difficult I would find this weekend, until it was upon me. It didn't help that I've been fighting a head cold all week which broke Saturday, sofa, duvet and hot lemon in a plenty for rest of weekend and lots of tissues!
Remembrance weekend was always time spent with my grandparents. This year without them both has been really hard, especially without my beloved Gramps.
Early Saturday morning I headed to Westminster to lay my cross in the field of remembrance. The heartbreak of seeing the remembrance field for the boys lost in Afghanistan this year, was incredibly moving.
I was incredibly blessed and lucky to spend the time with my Grandad that i did, His storey will be passed down to future generations but we must always remember the sacrifice that these men have made and are making for us all. This is a layout that I made a couple of years ago... thought it was more poignant this year.

4 comments:

Itch2stitch.com said...

Yes, we should never ever forget. suzie. xxx

Florence and Mary said...

What a beautiful scrapbook layout.

I went to our local parade this year, it was amazing as they were playing the music the sun broke through the clouds and everyone just gasped.

Victoria xx

ExpressYourself said...

Very cool

Kelly said...

Love the scrapbook page! It must have been emotional to make it!
I have been looking into my Dad's family and have been lucky enough to have lots of photos to work with!