Sunday, 15 November 2009

you can take the girl out of the 80's!

but you can't take it out of the girl!.....Living my teens in the 80's was fab!... my pop-idol crush was Simon le Bon & John Taylor from Duran Duran. My friend J and & I were devout Duranies. There wasn't anything that we didn't have that didn't have Duran Duran scrawled across it. I didn't need wallpaper in my bedroom as it was covered completely by posters!
We even went as far as going to Falmouth in Cornwall when Simon's boat Drum capsized in the fastnet race, just in the faint hope of seeing him.... When they re-formed and toured a couple of years ago, we were there screaming like we were 15 all over again!
So this weekend has been a little surreal, Friday night I got home from work late, flicked through the TV and found a programme on BBC4 documenting the iconic Rio album with interviews with the band etc, followed by a concert of there's.... it didn't know whether to feel old that Duran Duran were on BBC4 or that BBC4 were getting a bit retro! Then today at work (detailed post to follow) I met the lovely Mr Le Bon and his family... surreal moment sitting drinking mulled wine & munching mince pies with the guy that used to adourn my walls!... an all-round lovely family, Yasmin is stunning, Amber, Saffron & Tallulah are great girls and Simon was still yummy!

5 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I know I should've phoned you today as mum and I were in London and popped into Selfridges and head about the fun in the car park but didn't investigate further!

Victoria x

Kelly said...

Jealous? Moi? Never!
Oh my god he is yummy!!!!!
I'm so pleased you got to meet your idol!!!!

Lots of Love

Kelly xx

Michela said...

Hi Teresa!
..you must be mistaken because Simon has been mine since I was 5 years old!!! And my bedroom was covered by their posters too! ;-)

natty said...

Hi Teresa,
I really enjoyed reading about your meeting with Simon and his family !! I'm a huge fan since the 80s, I've met him a couple of times and he was always so nice and friendly !! I saw the band in London last summer and they were just as great as ever !!! Is It OK If I post the link to your story on my Simon forum. We’ve posted some pictures of the event yesterday, you can see them here:
http://simonlebon.aceboard.com/330732-4411-6285-0-2009-london-selfridges-mothers4children.htm
You have to register, but It’s very easy.
Was Saffron also at the event ? I didn’t see any photos of her.

Bye :-)
Natty

PS: sorry about my English, I’m Belgian and speak French and Dutch

Tea and Crafting said...

Teresa you simply HAVE THE BEST JOB IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!! I'm sure you are still smiling from ear to ear!! Jane

Sunday, 15 November 2009

you can take the girl out of the 80's!

but you can't take it out of the girl!.....Living my teens in the 80's was fab!... my pop-idol crush was Simon le Bon & John Taylor from Duran Duran. My friend J and & I were devout Duranies. There wasn't anything that we didn't have that didn't have Duran Duran scrawled across it. I didn't need wallpaper in my bedroom as it was covered completely by posters!
We even went as far as going to Falmouth in Cornwall when Simon's boat Drum capsized in the fastnet race, just in the faint hope of seeing him.... When they re-formed and toured a couple of years ago, we were there screaming like we were 15 all over again!
So this weekend has been a little surreal, Friday night I got home from work late, flicked through the TV and found a programme on BBC4 documenting the iconic Rio album with interviews with the band etc, followed by a concert of there's.... it didn't know whether to feel old that Duran Duran were on BBC4 or that BBC4 were getting a bit retro! Then today at work (detailed post to follow) I met the lovely Mr Le Bon and his family... surreal moment sitting drinking mulled wine & munching mince pies with the guy that used to adourn my walls!... an all-round lovely family, Yasmin is stunning, Amber, Saffron & Tallulah are great girls and Simon was still yummy!

5 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I know I should've phoned you today as mum and I were in London and popped into Selfridges and head about the fun in the car park but didn't investigate further!

Victoria x

Kelly said...

Jealous? Moi? Never!
Oh my god he is yummy!!!!!
I'm so pleased you got to meet your idol!!!!

Lots of Love

Kelly xx

Michela said...

Hi Teresa!
..you must be mistaken because Simon has been mine since I was 5 years old!!! And my bedroom was covered by their posters too! ;-)

natty said...

Hi Teresa,
I really enjoyed reading about your meeting with Simon and his family !! I'm a huge fan since the 80s, I've met him a couple of times and he was always so nice and friendly !! I saw the band in London last summer and they were just as great as ever !!! Is It OK If I post the link to your story on my Simon forum. We’ve posted some pictures of the event yesterday, you can see them here:
http://simonlebon.aceboard.com/330732-4411-6285-0-2009-london-selfridges-mothers4children.htm
You have to register, but It’s very easy.
Was Saffron also at the event ? I didn’t see any photos of her.

Bye :-)
Natty

PS: sorry about my English, I’m Belgian and speak French and Dutch

Tea and Crafting said...

Teresa you simply HAVE THE BEST JOB IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!! I'm sure you are still smiling from ear to ear!! Jane