Thursday, 31 December 2009

2009 ~ A Rollercoaster of a Year......



well it was for me anyway. As 2009 draws to a close and before the bells of Big Ben chime to welcome in 2010, I would like to reflect on the past year.



2009 saw me loose one of the most loving,
generous, and inspirational people in my life with the kindest heart, my grandad. There isn't a day go by where I don't miss him, but i am learning with time to move on with my life, because that is what he would have wanted. Looking back now i am so thankful that I had the strength to make his flowers for the funeral, my parting gift to a very special man.
This year saw me try new things and strive to build a life without him, and amongst the grief I have accomplished some things and had some fun.... here are my favourite things of 2009:
Chelsea Flower Show ~ sites and smells were amazing a beautiful day.
David Beckham in his Armani pants! ~ no explanation needed!
Take That Circus ~ rode into wembley and was spectacular! Cakes & Bakes in the Lakes ~ weekend at Cooking school in the lake district
Learnt to Crochet with the fabulous Jane from Tea & Crafting
Met Simon Le Bon & family ~ teenage idol lived up to all expectations
Spandau Ballet @ the O2 ~ thought I was 14 again... pure Gold
New York New York... so good they named it twice....
and finally, you my blog friends, You do wonder when you post things if anyone reads them, and surprisingly they do. I have made some lovely friends with people in blog land, some of which i have been lucky enough to meet (V&K)!
The messages that you have posted to me this year have been much appreciated and on some days have been like a ray of sunshine amongst a very dark day.
A heartfelt thankyou to you all......
I the I look forward to 2010, where not only are we entering a new decade I will also be joining a new decade in this coming year! Over the next few days I will be sharing some more favourite things of 2009 & some things to look forward to in 2010!
I wish you, all the love, goodluck, happiness and best wishes for 2010.
Tx

8 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

How honoured am I to be mentioned in this post!!

Having lost my nan this year I can completely sympathise with you but agree my nan loved hearing about what fun things I was doing and would hate to think of me not out there in the world.

Happy New Year hun

Victoria xxx

Sammi said...

This is a lovely post T! I am sure that your Gramps would be very proud of you for keeping on! xxx
Looking forward to reading more of your lovely blog this year and seeing all the scrummy pics you post!
xxx

Sharon said...

Happy New Year Teresa, I hope 2010 is a good year for you. You have done lots of exciting things in 2009 despite it being a hard year for you.
xxx

Archies Mum said...

Happy 2010 Teresa. As they always say time is a great healer, but remember that you will always have your memories and photos. Here's to a better year for all of us. Keep up your brilliant posts - love reading them Yola x

Tea and Crafting said...

Hi Teresa, really touched I helped in some way and that I was mentioned. Well done for staying positive and doing new things during this difficult time.
I wish you many more encounters with delicious men, lots more crocheting and knitting, and trying out new things in 2010!
All the best - lost of love Jane X

Erika said...

Teresa wishing you all the best for 2010 and boy did you pack a lot in 2009...big hugs re gramps and a big woof at DB pants!! xxx

Kelly said...

Hey hunni!

Wow just like V I'm very honoured to get a mention :)
I loved the photos of you and your Gramps! you can see the love between you xx He would be very proud of you T, You have achived so much over the last year and he is watching you with a big smile on his face!!!!!

Lots of Love xxxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

What a lovely post!! It's so sad to lose a Grandparent!! But your Grandad would definitely be proud of you - look what you have done this year alone, despite your grief!!!
Happy New Year to you!!!
xxxx

Thursday, 31 December 2009

2009 ~ A Rollercoaster of a Year......



well it was for me anyway. As 2009 draws to a close and before the bells of Big Ben chime to welcome in 2010, I would like to reflect on the past year.



2009 saw me loose one of the most loving,
generous, and inspirational people in my life with the kindest heart, my grandad. There isn't a day go by where I don't miss him, but i am learning with time to move on with my life, because that is what he would have wanted. Looking back now i am so thankful that I had the strength to make his flowers for the funeral, my parting gift to a very special man.
This year saw me try new things and strive to build a life without him, and amongst the grief I have accomplished some things and had some fun.... here are my favourite things of 2009:
Chelsea Flower Show ~ sites and smells were amazing a beautiful day.
David Beckham in his Armani pants! ~ no explanation needed!
Take That Circus ~ rode into wembley and was spectacular! Cakes & Bakes in the Lakes ~ weekend at Cooking school in the lake district
Learnt to Crochet with the fabulous Jane from Tea & Crafting
Met Simon Le Bon & family ~ teenage idol lived up to all expectations
Spandau Ballet @ the O2 ~ thought I was 14 again... pure Gold
New York New York... so good they named it twice....
and finally, you my blog friends, You do wonder when you post things if anyone reads them, and surprisingly they do. I have made some lovely friends with people in blog land, some of which i have been lucky enough to meet (V&K)!
The messages that you have posted to me this year have been much appreciated and on some days have been like a ray of sunshine amongst a very dark day.
A heartfelt thankyou to you all......
I the I look forward to 2010, where not only are we entering a new decade I will also be joining a new decade in this coming year! Over the next few days I will be sharing some more favourite things of 2009 & some things to look forward to in 2010!
I wish you, all the love, goodluck, happiness and best wishes for 2010.
Tx

8 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

How honoured am I to be mentioned in this post!!

Having lost my nan this year I can completely sympathise with you but agree my nan loved hearing about what fun things I was doing and would hate to think of me not out there in the world.

Happy New Year hun

Victoria xxx

Sammi said...

This is a lovely post T! I am sure that your Gramps would be very proud of you for keeping on! xxx
Looking forward to reading more of your lovely blog this year and seeing all the scrummy pics you post!
xxx

Sharon said...

Happy New Year Teresa, I hope 2010 is a good year for you. You have done lots of exciting things in 2009 despite it being a hard year for you.
xxx

Archies Mum said...

Happy 2010 Teresa. As they always say time is a great healer, but remember that you will always have your memories and photos. Here's to a better year for all of us. Keep up your brilliant posts - love reading them Yola x

Tea and Crafting said...

Hi Teresa, really touched I helped in some way and that I was mentioned. Well done for staying positive and doing new things during this difficult time.
I wish you many more encounters with delicious men, lots more crocheting and knitting, and trying out new things in 2010!
All the best - lost of love Jane X

Erika said...

Teresa wishing you all the best for 2010 and boy did you pack a lot in 2009...big hugs re gramps and a big woof at DB pants!! xxx

Kelly said...

Hey hunni!

Wow just like V I'm very honoured to get a mention :)
I loved the photos of you and your Gramps! you can see the love between you xx He would be very proud of you T, You have achived so much over the last year and he is watching you with a big smile on his face!!!!!

Lots of Love xxxx

Kissed by an Angel said...

What a lovely post!! It's so sad to lose a Grandparent!! But your Grandad would definitely be proud of you - look what you have done this year alone, despite your grief!!!
Happy New Year to you!!!
xxxx