Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Carols, Curry & Christmas

one week back..... where has the time gone? Life has been a flurry of Christmas catch-ups this weeks, predominately with work... a huge number of emails, the majority of which have been filed via the delete key! and the scary realisation that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away!.... Aaaah!
So my first Christmas catch-up last week was with some friends over a curry and then a Christmas Carol Concert performed by Il Divo. They were amazing and certainly know how to put on a spectacular, especially for Christmas. I had one low point during the concert, they sung Amazing Grace which was one of my Gramps's favourites, which was also accompanied by a Scottish piper(another big memory of my Gramps is listening the to the Band & Pipe music from the Military), needless to say I sobbed!.... my friends were great and I recovered.... here's a sample of Silent Night...
Il Divo were also accompanied on a couple of songs by the very lovely Camilla Kerslake, who was discovered by Gary Barlow and currently sings my favourite Christmas Advert from this year for Waitrose!.... a spinetingling moment.
Another night out, this time in a lovely pub in St John's Wood called the Duke of York, where I had my first Christmas lunch of 2009 ( looking at my diary, this is likely to be my only!) and caught up with some more friends.
Both nights entailed a drive through London, which was very magical with all the Christmas lights.

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Sounds like a fabulous night! How quickly is Christmas coming around... I have a feeling our get together might have to be a new year one instead don't you!

Victoria xxx

Tuesday, 15 December 2009

Carols, Curry & Christmas

one week back..... where has the time gone? Life has been a flurry of Christmas catch-ups this weeks, predominately with work... a huge number of emails, the majority of which have been filed via the delete key! and the scary realisation that Christmas is less than 2 weeks away!.... Aaaah!
So my first Christmas catch-up last week was with some friends over a curry and then a Christmas Carol Concert performed by Il Divo. They were amazing and certainly know how to put on a spectacular, especially for Christmas. I had one low point during the concert, they sung Amazing Grace which was one of my Gramps's favourites, which was also accompanied by a Scottish piper(another big memory of my Gramps is listening the to the Band & Pipe music from the Military), needless to say I sobbed!.... my friends were great and I recovered.... here's a sample of Silent Night...
Il Divo were also accompanied on a couple of songs by the very lovely Camilla Kerslake, who was discovered by Gary Barlow and currently sings my favourite Christmas Advert from this year for Waitrose!.... a spinetingling moment.
Another night out, this time in a lovely pub in St John's Wood called the Duke of York, where I had my first Christmas lunch of 2009 ( looking at my diary, this is likely to be my only!) and caught up with some more friends.
Both nights entailed a drive through London, which was very magical with all the Christmas lights.

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Sounds like a fabulous night! How quickly is Christmas coming around... I have a feeling our get together might have to be a new year one instead don't you!

Victoria xxx