Monday, 28 December 2009

Cupcakes in New York.........

well there was always going to be a post about these.... New York is renowned for its Cupcakes, made ever more famous by the Sex & the City girls (more about those later!)
Obviously my NY itinerary would always include Cupcake haunts... some old favs and some new discoveries... and Santa was also good to me with my very own Cupcake stocking!
I sampled 5 cupcake haunts.... fortunately just round the corner to my hotel was the Buttercup bakeshop, a lovely Breakfast Cupcake & coffee was sampled here. On another walkabout I stumbled upon Crumbs Bake shop which was lovely (there are several of these dotted around NY)

Whilst ambling around Soho I was captivated by a little pop-up ButterLane Cupcake store which was there just for December... how lucky was I. This was a welcome retreat on a cold wet day!.. how cute is the delivery bicycle in the window.
On the same day parked in Broadway was the fantastic Cupcake Van... how fab is this!
My last Cupcake stop in NY was of course the fabulous Magnolia Bakery there are 3 magnolia's now in NY, Columbus circle, Rockefeller centre and the original Bleecker Street ... I arrived anticipating Q's but as you can see it was crowd free!... Here i sampled the legendary Red Velvet ....mmmm very yummy.
I loved them all, if only we had a cupcake van here!......

Obviously with my cupcake obsession , it was never going to be hard to fill a stocking with treats... here are some of my goodies that the Cupcake Elf delivered this year, several to adorn my desk: Cupcake screen wipe,
Cupcake mug,
Desk calendar 365 days of cupcake recipes!
Cookie cutters, Calendars & diary and Handwarmers... just what i need in my pocket at rugby!

5 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Wow love your piccies, and all those cupcakes. We went to the Magnolia bakery when we went to New York and the cakes were gorgeous. Your christmas goodies look brilliant and I love your cupcake calendar Yola x

LissyLou said...

cupcake vans would be great here, wouldn't they?!
i don't eat eggs so we went to a place called babycakes to try some vegan cupcakes when we went. xx

Florence and Mary said...

You're just the cupcake queen!

Victoria xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I love cupcakes too!! I have the Magnolia Bakery recipe book!! Unfortunately I've never been to NY!! Your Christmas pressies were amazing though!!
xxxx

Florence and Mary said...

Happy New Year T... look forward to catching up in 2010!

Victoria xx

Monday, 28 December 2009

Cupcakes in New York.........

well there was always going to be a post about these.... New York is renowned for its Cupcakes, made ever more famous by the Sex & the City girls (more about those later!)
Obviously my NY itinerary would always include Cupcake haunts... some old favs and some new discoveries... and Santa was also good to me with my very own Cupcake stocking!
I sampled 5 cupcake haunts.... fortunately just round the corner to my hotel was the Buttercup bakeshop, a lovely Breakfast Cupcake & coffee was sampled here. On another walkabout I stumbled upon Crumbs Bake shop which was lovely (there are several of these dotted around NY)

Whilst ambling around Soho I was captivated by a little pop-up ButterLane Cupcake store which was there just for December... how lucky was I. This was a welcome retreat on a cold wet day!.. how cute is the delivery bicycle in the window.
On the same day parked in Broadway was the fantastic Cupcake Van... how fab is this!
My last Cupcake stop in NY was of course the fabulous Magnolia Bakery there are 3 magnolia's now in NY, Columbus circle, Rockefeller centre and the original Bleecker Street ... I arrived anticipating Q's but as you can see it was crowd free!... Here i sampled the legendary Red Velvet ....mmmm very yummy.
I loved them all, if only we had a cupcake van here!......

Obviously with my cupcake obsession , it was never going to be hard to fill a stocking with treats... here are some of my goodies that the Cupcake Elf delivered this year, several to adorn my desk: Cupcake screen wipe,
Cupcake mug,
Desk calendar 365 days of cupcake recipes!
Cookie cutters, Calendars & diary and Handwarmers... just what i need in my pocket at rugby!

5 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Wow love your piccies, and all those cupcakes. We went to the Magnolia bakery when we went to New York and the cakes were gorgeous. Your christmas goodies look brilliant and I love your cupcake calendar Yola x

LissyLou said...

cupcake vans would be great here, wouldn't they?!
i don't eat eggs so we went to a place called babycakes to try some vegan cupcakes when we went. xx

Florence and Mary said...

You're just the cupcake queen!

Victoria xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I love cupcakes too!! I have the Magnolia Bakery recipe book!! Unfortunately I've never been to NY!! Your Christmas pressies were amazing though!!
xxxx

Florence and Mary said...

Happy New Year T... look forward to catching up in 2010!

Victoria xx