Friday, 1 January 2010

New York ~ New Year

unfortunately my new year wasn't spent there, but I was in the infamous Times Square in December... here are some pictures of this amazing space. It's often likened to Leicester square/Piccadilly but nowhere else matches it on enormity of buildings and huge graphics.
Times Square has had some major re-development over the last few years. It's much more a family environment, especially now they had pedestrianised parts of it..... how amazing would it be to welcome in the new year here with all the ticker tape fluttering down from the skyline.

My new year was quiet.. I was awake which is a first for about 5 years, as I'm usually asleep! i watched the fireworks in London which looked fantastic, although very cold!... much better viewing from under the duvet on the sofa!

However you spent new year i hope that it was a happy one and that you all have a great 2010.

4 comments:

Blueberry Heart said...

Hi, I hope thay you have a happy and luck filled 2010, best wishes BJ x

(PS - great photies as always!!)

Kelly said...

Happy New year sweetheart!!!
Victoria and I were in new york for New Year back in 20031 Your post made me smile bringing it all back!!!

Florence and Mary said...

The first time Kel & I ever went to NY was for New Year although we gave up on Times Square in the end as it was so manic!!!

Victoria xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I'd love to spen New Year in NY!! Look great!!
xxxx

Friday, 1 January 2010

New York ~ New Year

unfortunately my new year wasn't spent there, but I was in the infamous Times Square in December... here are some pictures of this amazing space. It's often likened to Leicester square/Piccadilly but nowhere else matches it on enormity of buildings and huge graphics.
Times Square has had some major re-development over the last few years. It's much more a family environment, especially now they had pedestrianised parts of it..... how amazing would it be to welcome in the new year here with all the ticker tape fluttering down from the skyline.

My new year was quiet.. I was awake which is a first for about 5 years, as I'm usually asleep! i watched the fireworks in London which looked fantastic, although very cold!... much better viewing from under the duvet on the sofa!

However you spent new year i hope that it was a happy one and that you all have a great 2010.

4 comments:

Blueberry Heart said...

Hi, I hope thay you have a happy and luck filled 2010, best wishes BJ x

(PS - great photies as always!!)

Kelly said...

Happy New year sweetheart!!!
Victoria and I were in new york for New Year back in 20031 Your post made me smile bringing it all back!!!

Florence and Mary said...

The first time Kel & I ever went to NY was for New Year although we gave up on Times Square in the end as it was so manic!!!

Victoria xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

I'd love to spen New Year in NY!! Look great!!
xxxx