Sunday, 7 March 2010

It's all about the Gold statue....

I am of course talking about Oscar night... tonight's the night that the little gold men are given out. This week I have seen 2 of the films that are up for awards... the first is The Hurt Locker this appeared on my BT box this month as a film to see. With all the Bafta success, I sat down Thursday night for a much needed movie night at home, popcorn included and was quite literally blown away! A great film. This film will do for the Iraq war what Apocalypse now did for the Vietnam war.
The second film was a free preview of the amazing The Blind Side. This film is yet to be released in the UK, but I have to say it truly deserves Sandra Bullock an Oscar nomination, and will do for her what Erin Brockovich did for Julia Roberts. The true story of Michael Oher from the Baltimore Ravens, who was given a chance when all the odds were stacked against him. A must see watch.

So this got me thinking of what my winners would ne this year:
Best Actor ~ Colin Firth - A Single Man
Best Actress ~ Sandra Bullock - The Blind Side
Best Screenplay ~ Up In the Air
Best Animation ~ Up (because the old man reminds me of my gramps!)
Best Direction ~ The Hurt Locker
Best Film ~ Invictus


so if you have exhausted the flicks, and still want the Oscar buzz... 2 fun reads recommended, picked up recently at the charity shop! Oscar Season (the lengths people will go to to remain in the limelight!) and Hollywood Girls Club ( girls stick together in the Hollywood film industry!) to fun reads which give you a fictional in site into the mad world of the Hollywood Hills!


so who are your winners for tonight?....

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm looking forward to the Oscars this evening... tomorrow has been booked off work so I can sit up tonight watching all the red carpet action!

Victoria x

Kelly said...

I just read the Hollywood Girls Club! Was pretty good and kept me entertained on the train!

Meri Wiley said...

Hi TCake,

I so wish Colin Firth would have won.........he's so yummy. I've had a crush on him for years.

Hugs,
Meri

Kissed by an Angel said...

Books look good!! I love any film with Sandra Bullock!! Don't mind Colin Firth either!!!
xxxx

Sunday, 7 March 2010

It's all about the Gold statue....

I am of course talking about Oscar night... tonight's the night that the little gold men are given out. This week I have seen 2 of the films that are up for awards... the first is The Hurt Locker this appeared on my BT box this month as a film to see. With all the Bafta success, I sat down Thursday night for a much needed movie night at home, popcorn included and was quite literally blown away! A great film. This film will do for the Iraq war what Apocalypse now did for the Vietnam war.
The second film was a free preview of the amazing The Blind Side. This film is yet to be released in the UK, but I have to say it truly deserves Sandra Bullock an Oscar nomination, and will do for her what Erin Brockovich did for Julia Roberts. The true story of Michael Oher from the Baltimore Ravens, who was given a chance when all the odds were stacked against him. A must see watch.

So this got me thinking of what my winners would ne this year:
Best Actor ~ Colin Firth - A Single Man
Best Actress ~ Sandra Bullock - The Blind Side
Best Screenplay ~ Up In the Air
Best Animation ~ Up (because the old man reminds me of my gramps!)
Best Direction ~ The Hurt Locker
Best Film ~ Invictus


so if you have exhausted the flicks, and still want the Oscar buzz... 2 fun reads recommended, picked up recently at the charity shop! Oscar Season (the lengths people will go to to remain in the limelight!) and Hollywood Girls Club ( girls stick together in the Hollywood film industry!) to fun reads which give you a fictional in site into the mad world of the Hollywood Hills!


so who are your winners for tonight?....

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm looking forward to the Oscars this evening... tomorrow has been booked off work so I can sit up tonight watching all the red carpet action!

Victoria x

Kelly said...

I just read the Hollywood Girls Club! Was pretty good and kept me entertained on the train!

Meri Wiley said...

Hi TCake,

I so wish Colin Firth would have won.........he's so yummy. I've had a crush on him for years.

Hugs,
Meri

Kissed by an Angel said...

Books look good!! I love any film with Sandra Bullock!! Don't mind Colin Firth either!!!
xxxx