Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Sporting Spectacular...

and a Superstar of a brother!. .. as previously posted my twin ran his 2nd marathon on Sunday in London.
Whilst he was pounding the streets (along with 35,000 others,) Sis-in-law, kids & I headed upto the Embankment to cheer him on. We stood at the 25mile marker opposite the London Eye. The day was a huge emotional rollercoaster, and I was so chuffed to see him come towards us.
He suffered with cramps for the last couple of miles, which he has never experienced whilst running, but he dug deep and finished in 3hours 40 minutes. I am a VERY PROUD Sister, as is his wife & children. Along with being our hero, he raised nearly a £1000 for Great Ormond street hospital.
A fantastic day, with some truly inspirational people, bruv being at the top of my list!... Well done Bruv... love & hugs Sis xx

p.s..If any of you have been inspired then here is the link for next years ballot!.... London Marathon.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Well done Bruv!!!
I have to say I have always wanted to do it but I don't have the time to commit to the training :)
I support GOSH as they saved my life when I was 7! Sucha great cause :) Thank you Mark xxx

Florence and Mary said...

Well done to your bruv!!

Victoria xx

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Sporting Spectacular...

and a Superstar of a brother!. .. as previously posted my twin ran his 2nd marathon on Sunday in London.
Whilst he was pounding the streets (along with 35,000 others,) Sis-in-law, kids & I headed upto the Embankment to cheer him on. We stood at the 25mile marker opposite the London Eye. The day was a huge emotional rollercoaster, and I was so chuffed to see him come towards us.
He suffered with cramps for the last couple of miles, which he has never experienced whilst running, but he dug deep and finished in 3hours 40 minutes. I am a VERY PROUD Sister, as is his wife & children. Along with being our hero, he raised nearly a £1000 for Great Ormond street hospital.
A fantastic day, with some truly inspirational people, bruv being at the top of my list!... Well done Bruv... love & hugs Sis xx

p.s..If any of you have been inspired then here is the link for next years ballot!.... London Marathon.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Well done Bruv!!!
I have to say I have always wanted to do it but I don't have the time to commit to the training :)
I support GOSH as they saved my life when I was 7! Sucha great cause :) Thank you Mark xxx

Florence and Mary said...

Well done to your bruv!!

Victoria xx