Sunday, 9 May 2010

Keep Calm ...

after a challenging week at work last week (which did involve a mini meltdown!) a night out and a peaceful weekend was much needed. A friends husband celebrated his birthday thursday which saw a lovely meal out at Smiths which is not too far from us in Ongar. This brasserie comes highly recommended and booking is a must (especially since Ray Winstone waxed lyrically about it on the Johnathon Ross show!)  The restaurant was almost full on a thursday night which was surprising. The meal and service was superb... I will be going back.
My weekend was chilled which is a rarity for me, with some catching up on some much needed sleep.
My soiree to the shops bought some cupcake treats with a little parcel awaiting me in the porch from Jenny & Aaron over at Everyday is a holiday when I got back........ never a truer word said, than this bag & bookmark this week....

3 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

Where do you live then???? When Kelly worked at Crispy Cod in Epping Alec wanted her to go and work there too!!! I haven't been there, but hear that the food is good!!
xxxx

Blueberry Heart said...

soooo covetable cakey goodies! lovely!!
BH x

Florence and Mary said...

Sadly I hate fish so Smith's is off my dining list but everyone who does like fish certainly does love it!

Victoria xx

Sunday, 9 May 2010

Keep Calm ...

after a challenging week at work last week (which did involve a mini meltdown!) a night out and a peaceful weekend was much needed. A friends husband celebrated his birthday thursday which saw a lovely meal out at Smiths which is not too far from us in Ongar. This brasserie comes highly recommended and booking is a must (especially since Ray Winstone waxed lyrically about it on the Johnathon Ross show!)  The restaurant was almost full on a thursday night which was surprising. The meal and service was superb... I will be going back.
My weekend was chilled which is a rarity for me, with some catching up on some much needed sleep.
My soiree to the shops bought some cupcake treats with a little parcel awaiting me in the porch from Jenny & Aaron over at Everyday is a holiday when I got back........ never a truer word said, than this bag & bookmark this week....

3 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

Where do you live then???? When Kelly worked at Crispy Cod in Epping Alec wanted her to go and work there too!!! I haven't been there, but hear that the food is good!!
xxxx

Blueberry Heart said...

soooo covetable cakey goodies! lovely!!
BH x

Florence and Mary said...

Sadly I hate fish so Smith's is off my dining list but everyone who does like fish certainly does love it!

Victoria xx