Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Lady that Lunches....

at Hix!... Today one of my team retired after 26 years in the big yellow store! I've worked with her for 4 years now and she has been my rock and right hand women. ..... unfortunately my workload has now doubled overnight until I find a replacement!To celebrate her last day, my boss took myself & Val to the new Hix Restaurant & Champagne bar in the store. The restaurant sits on a mezzanine level which overlooks the handbag hall.... a lady that lunches mecca!
Mark Hix prides himself on using seasonal products, so the menu changes frequently. I started with tomatoes on toast( which were yellow, green, red & black) with shavings of an amazing cheddar which was delicious. I then had fish fingers, chips & peas... which wasn't like anything captain birdseye would serve up!... absolutely yummy. Also served up to Val was lamb cutlets with a cucumber, onion and mint salad which was melt in the moment. Unfortunately we were too stuffed for dessert... going back for that another day!

Yesterday we hosted a little afternoon tea for Val. Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a cake for her!... complete with an iced louboutin shoe!
We packed her off in a taxi tonight complete with a Hamper, Flowers and at least 4 big Selfridges bags of gifts, including a lovely blue bag from Tiffs! Best Wishes on your retirement..... you will be missed. x

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

That cake is amazing!

Victoria x

Archies Mum said...

Wow that restaurant looks amazing (so posh). You are so talented Teresa that cake you made is just amazing. Did you go to college to learn that talent or are you one of the lucky people that can put their hand to anything x

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Lady that Lunches....

at Hix!... Today one of my team retired after 26 years in the big yellow store! I've worked with her for 4 years now and she has been my rock and right hand women. ..... unfortunately my workload has now doubled overnight until I find a replacement!To celebrate her last day, my boss took myself & Val to the new Hix Restaurant & Champagne bar in the store. The restaurant sits on a mezzanine level which overlooks the handbag hall.... a lady that lunches mecca!
Mark Hix prides himself on using seasonal products, so the menu changes frequently. I started with tomatoes on toast( which were yellow, green, red & black) with shavings of an amazing cheddar which was delicious. I then had fish fingers, chips & peas... which wasn't like anything captain birdseye would serve up!... absolutely yummy. Also served up to Val was lamb cutlets with a cucumber, onion and mint salad which was melt in the moment. Unfortunately we were too stuffed for dessert... going back for that another day!

Yesterday we hosted a little afternoon tea for Val. Of course I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a cake for her!... complete with an iced louboutin shoe!
We packed her off in a taxi tonight complete with a Hamper, Flowers and at least 4 big Selfridges bags of gifts, including a lovely blue bag from Tiffs! Best Wishes on your retirement..... you will be missed. x

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

That cake is amazing!

Victoria x

Archies Mum said...

Wow that restaurant looks amazing (so posh). You are so talented Teresa that cake you made is just amazing. Did you go to college to learn that talent or are you one of the lucky people that can put their hand to anything x