Sunday, 29 August 2010

Lazy Days & Bake days...

after being sent home twice from work this week ill , I've been put on strict instructions this weekend to rest .... so with the weather not great, what better way to spend a sunday than by devouring the latest cook books and a little baking! especially when the daily mail is featuring 13 recipes from the not yet released Nigella's Recipes from the Heart of the Home (link here)
My four favs featured are twists on some classics and some of my favourite comfort foods:

I don't think I can wait for this book, even though it's on my christmas wish list, birthday money may be spent! as this is obviously going to be followed up with a TV series!...
I've also caught up with Great British Bake Off, which I am enjoying, not just for the recipes but the history of some of our classic bakes.
I did pick the accompanying book up half price this week, and having flicked through it, it is a feast.. mmm lots of classics and history and some scrummy photos.
I am also liking by colourful cupcake cases, courtesy of sainsbuy's!....
I'm off to bake now... have a lovely sunday Tx

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Snap, I made hubby pick up the Sunday paper for me because of the Nigella recipes. The chocolate chip bread pudding sounds absolutely gorgeous. Her new cook book is definitely on my christmas list. Am also loving the Bake Off. Makes me want to go into the kitchen and bake, but at that time of night I think not. Hope the weekend/rest has helped you feel better x

Florence and Mary said...

I've def got to add this to the wish list, I can't resist a bit of Nigella!

Victoria xx

Sunday, 29 August 2010

Lazy Days & Bake days...

after being sent home twice from work this week ill , I've been put on strict instructions this weekend to rest .... so with the weather not great, what better way to spend a sunday than by devouring the latest cook books and a little baking! especially when the daily mail is featuring 13 recipes from the not yet released Nigella's Recipes from the Heart of the Home (link here)
My four favs featured are twists on some classics and some of my favourite comfort foods:

I don't think I can wait for this book, even though it's on my christmas wish list, birthday money may be spent! as this is obviously going to be followed up with a TV series!...
I've also caught up with Great British Bake Off, which I am enjoying, not just for the recipes but the history of some of our classic bakes.
I did pick the accompanying book up half price this week, and having flicked through it, it is a feast.. mmm lots of classics and history and some scrummy photos.
I am also liking by colourful cupcake cases, courtesy of sainsbuy's!....
I'm off to bake now... have a lovely sunday Tx

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Snap, I made hubby pick up the Sunday paper for me because of the Nigella recipes. The chocolate chip bread pudding sounds absolutely gorgeous. Her new cook book is definitely on my christmas list. Am also loving the Bake Off. Makes me want to go into the kitchen and bake, but at that time of night I think not. Hope the weekend/rest has helped you feel better x

Florence and Mary said...

I've def got to add this to the wish list, I can't resist a bit of Nigella!

Victoria xx