Wednesday, 15 September 2010

TV Treats for Autumn...

the nights are drawing in, so my hibernation plans are starting!... ( my friends will be screaming at this post now,as I need no excuse to hibernate!)  I love the autumnal season, its my favourite time of year for many reasons, one being the launch of some new drama on the TV!...
Here are my top treats for autumn, accompanied on the sofa with a warm throw, popcorn & hot chocolate!

  • Mad Men (BBC4) ~ the most stylish, glamorous & best programme on TV.. Mr D Draper is sooo yummy and just gets sexier each season.
  • Spooks (BBC1) ~ returning next week, still bereft that RPJ is no longer in it, (however my week was so much brightened this week by seeing him in the flesh!)... the lovely Richard Armitage fills his shoes very nicely... the best thriller on TV (rumoured to be the last series)
  • Nigella's Kitchen ~ coming to BBC2 in October... if its as good as the book we are in for a tempting treat)
  • Downton Abbey ~ filmed at the sumptuous Highclere Castle in Hampshire, the cast is headed up by actings royalty ~ Dame Maggie Smith. I love a period drama so really looking forward to this upstairs / downstairs tale.
  • Jamies 30 minute dinners ~ if this is as good as the 20 minute App on the iphone then we will have a feast ! Coming to channel 4 in October
  • Single Dad ~ release date not confirmed.. David Tennants first drama since departing the Tardis.. as the title suggests single dad widowed with 4 children, facing life's challenges. (I can hear the tugging of heartstrings already)
  • Thorne ~ for fans of the books by Mark Billingham, this will be a must. the fantastic David Morrissey (recently seen in U Be Dead) plays DI Thorne, a troubled police officer. MB has been involved with the scripts, so I am hoping that they stay true to the books as they are thrilling.
as with all posts I have tempted you with a little trailer via the highlighted links.... enjoy... i'm off for a little rest and to watch Mad Men!....

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Can't wait for Nigellas show!

Victoria xx

Florence and Mary said...

Can't wait for Nigellas show!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

Me tooooooo!!!!!

Wednesday, 15 September 2010

TV Treats for Autumn...

the nights are drawing in, so my hibernation plans are starting!... ( my friends will be screaming at this post now,as I need no excuse to hibernate!)  I love the autumnal season, its my favourite time of year for many reasons, one being the launch of some new drama on the TV!...
Here are my top treats for autumn, accompanied on the sofa with a warm throw, popcorn & hot chocolate!

  • Mad Men (BBC4) ~ the most stylish, glamorous & best programme on TV.. Mr D Draper is sooo yummy and just gets sexier each season.
  • Spooks (BBC1) ~ returning next week, still bereft that RPJ is no longer in it, (however my week was so much brightened this week by seeing him in the flesh!)... the lovely Richard Armitage fills his shoes very nicely... the best thriller on TV (rumoured to be the last series)
  • Nigella's Kitchen ~ coming to BBC2 in October... if its as good as the book we are in for a tempting treat)
  • Downton Abbey ~ filmed at the sumptuous Highclere Castle in Hampshire, the cast is headed up by actings royalty ~ Dame Maggie Smith. I love a period drama so really looking forward to this upstairs / downstairs tale.
  • Jamies 30 minute dinners ~ if this is as good as the 20 minute App on the iphone then we will have a feast ! Coming to channel 4 in October
  • Single Dad ~ release date not confirmed.. David Tennants first drama since departing the Tardis.. as the title suggests single dad widowed with 4 children, facing life's challenges. (I can hear the tugging of heartstrings already)
  • Thorne ~ for fans of the books by Mark Billingham, this will be a must. the fantastic David Morrissey (recently seen in U Be Dead) plays DI Thorne, a troubled police officer. MB has been involved with the scripts, so I am hoping that they stay true to the books as they are thrilling.
as with all posts I have tempted you with a little trailer via the highlighted links.... enjoy... i'm off for a little rest and to watch Mad Men!....

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Can't wait for Nigellas show!

Victoria xx

Florence and Mary said...

Can't wait for Nigellas show!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

Me tooooooo!!!!!