Monday, 11 October 2010

Just call me....

a social butterfly!... usually I am known to start the hermit phase at this time of year... but the last couple of weeks I've been a busy bee ( and with more to come!)
Over the last 2 weeks I have:
  1. Been to see the best musical in town (again!!) Alf (from home & away) has now joined the cast of Priscilla.. this musical still manages to make be laugh until I hurt every time I see it.
  2. Spent the evening in the company of John Barrowman at the Royal Albert Hall. this is my oldest friends guilty pleasure!... 3 hours of pure entertainment, he certainly knows his target audience of gays & grannies! (we didn't fit into either category, but had a fab evening)
  3. Movie night with the girls... Made in Dagenham. growing up in the shadow of Fords, this film was always going to be a must, a real feel good film.... we owe those 187 women a great deal!
  4. Sunday Roast ~ a rare treat for me, spent a lovely Sunday evening at friends, with a home cooked dinner & Downton Abbey... can a Sunday evening get any better!
  5. Trip to the theatre to see Country Girl ~ a little bit of culture amongst my froth!... Martin Shaw & Jenny Seagrove star in this play, found it a little hard going in places but still enjoyed the overall play and Martin Shaw is great, a very different character from his usual TV work.
The social butterfly is cocooned in tonight... with the dilemma of Rupert or Richard?... aka Whitechapel or Spooks!.... so thankful for Iplayer!....

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm off to see Made in Dagenham on Saturday!

Victoria xx

Monday, 11 October 2010

Just call me....

a social butterfly!... usually I am known to start the hermit phase at this time of year... but the last couple of weeks I've been a busy bee ( and with more to come!)
Over the last 2 weeks I have:
  1. Been to see the best musical in town (again!!) Alf (from home & away) has now joined the cast of Priscilla.. this musical still manages to make be laugh until I hurt every time I see it.
  2. Spent the evening in the company of John Barrowman at the Royal Albert Hall. this is my oldest friends guilty pleasure!... 3 hours of pure entertainment, he certainly knows his target audience of gays & grannies! (we didn't fit into either category, but had a fab evening)
  3. Movie night with the girls... Made in Dagenham. growing up in the shadow of Fords, this film was always going to be a must, a real feel good film.... we owe those 187 women a great deal!
  4. Sunday Roast ~ a rare treat for me, spent a lovely Sunday evening at friends, with a home cooked dinner & Downton Abbey... can a Sunday evening get any better!
  5. Trip to the theatre to see Country Girl ~ a little bit of culture amongst my froth!... Martin Shaw & Jenny Seagrove star in this play, found it a little hard going in places but still enjoyed the overall play and Martin Shaw is great, a very different character from his usual TV work.
The social butterfly is cocooned in tonight... with the dilemma of Rupert or Richard?... aka Whitechapel or Spooks!.... so thankful for Iplayer!....

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm off to see Made in Dagenham on Saturday!

Victoria xx