Thursday, 4 November 2010

What a Feelin!.....

last night I dusted off the jazz shoes and legwarmers and had a flashdance back to the 80's!!... yes I went to see Flashdance the musical.  A great show choreographed by the very talented Arlene Phillips ( much missed on strictly!) with a stellar cast. Victoria Hamilton-Barrit is outstanding as Alex and Matt Willis (from Busted!) is great as the Nick the 'rich'guy.
This film has one of the most iconic dance sequences which has been copied by many 'pop' acts and celebrities... who could forget Robert Webb's for comic relief!
A thoroughly entertaining night out... (another £10 ticket which was even more of a bargain when I got there and had been swapped into the stalls 8 rows from the front!).... and made up for the battle into work with the tube strike!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm off to see Dirty Dancing on Friday night I can't wait, I haven't been to the theatre in AGES!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

I would love to go to the theatre right now!! I don't really like the film flashdance, was it really the same?

Thursday, 4 November 2010

What a Feelin!.....

last night I dusted off the jazz shoes and legwarmers and had a flashdance back to the 80's!!... yes I went to see Flashdance the musical.  A great show choreographed by the very talented Arlene Phillips ( much missed on strictly!) with a stellar cast. Victoria Hamilton-Barrit is outstanding as Alex and Matt Willis (from Busted!) is great as the Nick the 'rich'guy.
This film has one of the most iconic dance sequences which has been copied by many 'pop' acts and celebrities... who could forget Robert Webb's for comic relief!
A thoroughly entertaining night out... (another £10 ticket which was even more of a bargain when I got there and had been swapped into the stalls 8 rows from the front!).... and made up for the battle into work with the tube strike!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm off to see Dirty Dancing on Friday night I can't wait, I haven't been to the theatre in AGES!

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

I would love to go to the theatre right now!! I don't really like the film flashdance, was it really the same?