Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Back from the Blizzard!

and the weather prediction wasn't wrong!... it seems that snow was a major factor in my ability to fly either direction across the pond this Christmas.

I was lucky to leave JFK on the first scheduled flight after the airport opened... a 7 hour delay ( 4 of which were sitting on the tarmac at JFK being de-iced!) and luggage is having an extended vacation in NY! .. so a little jaded and bed is calling.
Thank you for all the get well & Christmas wishes from last post... I'm feeling much better, and Christmas was lovely. I hope that all your Christmases were great too.
Over the next couple of days I am going to:
  1. blog backwards (date not sitting!) to update you on my Christmas and my fabulous time in NY! 
  2. catch up with friends
  3. catch up with my Journal your Christmas album ( I have set myself the task of completing it by end of Jan as due to sickness, snow & stuff its a little behind!)

4 comments:

Archies Mum said...

So glad to hear that you got home safely. Was thinking about you when I saw the news telling us about the snow in New York and thunder and lighting. Hope you had a great time

lemonade kitty said...

Hope you had a lovely time, best wishes for the new year, Lucey xx

Amanda said...

Snow! I think its now a new swear word. My friend's son is in NY now. Can't wait for the updates.

Florence and Mary said...

Snow seems pretty until you want to get anywhere!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and of course to catch up in the new year!

Victoria xx

Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Back from the Blizzard!

and the weather prediction wasn't wrong!... it seems that snow was a major factor in my ability to fly either direction across the pond this Christmas.

I was lucky to leave JFK on the first scheduled flight after the airport opened... a 7 hour delay ( 4 of which were sitting on the tarmac at JFK being de-iced!) and luggage is having an extended vacation in NY! .. so a little jaded and bed is calling.
Thank you for all the get well & Christmas wishes from last post... I'm feeling much better, and Christmas was lovely. I hope that all your Christmases were great too.
Over the next couple of days I am going to:
  1. blog backwards (date not sitting!) to update you on my Christmas and my fabulous time in NY! 
  2. catch up with friends
  3. catch up with my Journal your Christmas album ( I have set myself the task of completing it by end of Jan as due to sickness, snow & stuff its a little behind!)

4 comments:

Archies Mum said...

So glad to hear that you got home safely. Was thinking about you when I saw the news telling us about the snow in New York and thunder and lighting. Hope you had a great time

lemonade kitty said...

Hope you had a lovely time, best wishes for the new year, Lucey xx

Amanda said...

Snow! I think its now a new swear word. My friend's son is in NY now. Can't wait for the updates.

Florence and Mary said...

Snow seems pretty until you want to get anywhere!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and of course to catch up in the new year!

Victoria xx