Saturday, 15 January 2011

An American evening...

Thursday evening I escaped from my desk and headed over to the Savoy. As detailed in the recent TV programme the Savoy has just under gone a 3 year redevelopment. AND can I say it is stunning!.
This hotel has always been my favorite hotel in London and holds some special memories for me.. and hopefully more in the future!. I had drinks in the American bar, which still exudes glamour and style ( a must for Mad Men fans) Alongside the American bar is a small museum which holds some amazing artifacts from the hotel.. including room logs from yesteryear - (Chanels detailed in photo)
After a champagne cocktail I crossed the lobby to the Savoy Theatre for an evening of Legally Blonde! ( i know an evening of 2 halves!) A great girls night out.. Denise Van Outen is fantastic as Paulette... but the stars of the show are the 2 dogs! Wasn't sure whether this was going to work on stage, but its fab.. great cast who genuinely look like they are having a ball.
A great night out ... 2 musts for London.... and a great american escape from work.

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Wasn't the prog on the Savoy great. Mum and I both watched it and are planning a trip there for a cocktail!

Victoria xx

Saturday, 15 January 2011

An American evening...

Thursday evening I escaped from my desk and headed over to the Savoy. As detailed in the recent TV programme the Savoy has just under gone a 3 year redevelopment. AND can I say it is stunning!.
This hotel has always been my favorite hotel in London and holds some special memories for me.. and hopefully more in the future!. I had drinks in the American bar, which still exudes glamour and style ( a must for Mad Men fans) Alongside the American bar is a small museum which holds some amazing artifacts from the hotel.. including room logs from yesteryear - (Chanels detailed in photo)
After a champagne cocktail I crossed the lobby to the Savoy Theatre for an evening of Legally Blonde! ( i know an evening of 2 halves!) A great girls night out.. Denise Van Outen is fantastic as Paulette... but the stars of the show are the 2 dogs! Wasn't sure whether this was going to work on stage, but its fab.. great cast who genuinely look like they are having a ball.
A great night out ... 2 musts for London.... and a great american escape from work.

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Wasn't the prog on the Savoy great. Mum and I both watched it and are planning a trip there for a cocktail!

Victoria xx