Sunday, 30 January 2011

Retro Revival..

Wednesday saw us take a trip back to the 80's.... today we are going back to the 70's.

Friday I had a little gift appear on my desk... Attached was a little note that said: I hope this brings back lots of lovely memories, it won't go in your collection but think it will look great on gramps's bureau. In it contained part of the new Orla Kiely collection.
I had the day before been enraptures over the new Orla shop space at work...how many of you have just been transported back to the living room of your childhood?... My friend had a blonde moment on seeing it, by commenting on how well the tv worked. (I did have to point out that the top lifted up and the plasma screen was put inside!!) ..... my other retro piece of the day is this great cool bag from m&s !! variation on the keep calm theme. (apologies if these are not new, I have been cacooned in an office for a month)

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm well overdue a visit to the big yellow store!!

Lovely gift!!!

Victoria xxx

Kelly said...

Me too!! Erm James! Babysitting duty!!
Maybe you can pop over to meet Sophie next weekend? I'll text you hunny xx

Green thumb said...

That bag will be on my "most wanted souvenir list" next time I'll visit!
xxx

Sunday, 30 January 2011

Retro Revival..

Wednesday saw us take a trip back to the 80's.... today we are going back to the 70's.

Friday I had a little gift appear on my desk... Attached was a little note that said: I hope this brings back lots of lovely memories, it won't go in your collection but think it will look great on gramps's bureau. In it contained part of the new Orla Kiely collection.
I had the day before been enraptures over the new Orla shop space at work...how many of you have just been transported back to the living room of your childhood?... My friend had a blonde moment on seeing it, by commenting on how well the tv worked. (I did have to point out that the top lifted up and the plasma screen was put inside!!) ..... my other retro piece of the day is this great cool bag from m&s !! variation on the keep calm theme. (apologies if these are not new, I have been cacooned in an office for a month)

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I'm well overdue a visit to the big yellow store!!

Lovely gift!!!

Victoria xxx

Kelly said...

Me too!! Erm James! Babysitting duty!!
Maybe you can pop over to meet Sophie next weekend? I'll text you hunny xx

Green thumb said...

That bag will be on my "most wanted souvenir list" next time I'll visit!
xxx