Thursday, 6 January 2011

TV Dinner Treats

for those of you that have followed me over the last couple of years know that I loose my life in January! This is due to Financial Year end pressures at work, the only time of the year (& again at the half year!) when I regret having 'Audit' as part of my job title!..
Invariably I live on TV dinners and bless the fact that I have I-player!.
Fortunately this is one of my favourite TV times, as  the Christmas decorations come down new TV starts.
So as we say goodbye to the old and welcome the new here are my tv treats from 2010 and what my tv dinners are going to be in 2011.
In 2010 I loved:
  • Luther - looking forward to new series
  • Ashes to Ashes - said goodbye to Gene & Bolly..and it all finally made sense!
  • Spooks - another goodbye to the gorgeous Lucas North
  • Glee - so excited that this is back on Monday E4 9pm.. check out trailer here
  • Sherlock - fantastic twist on a classic.
  • Upstairs Downstairs - lovely to be back in Eton Place again.
  • Downton Abbey - one of my absolute favs from last year.. watched again over new year Dame Maggie Smith at her finest!
  • Mad Men - cannot fail to be on my fav list yearly, without a doubt the classiest, most glamorous TV series ever! This programme ooooozes everything, class, glamour, sex, New York!
  • and then finally the complete opposite of Mad Men is The only way is Essex.. car crash TV at its finest!... I never do reality, but for an essex girl this had to be seen to be believed!..addictable.
So what am I looking forward to in 2011
  • the return of Brothers & Sisters (coming soon to more4)
  • Larkrise to Candleford - Sunday 9th Jan BBC.. easy sunday evening viewing.. can Dorcas find true love?
  • Mary Portas - Secret Shopper... for a girl in retail I can't wait to see this, if only for Mary in disguise!
  • Under Suspicion - 3rd serialisation of the books by Lynda La Plante.. enjoyed first episode have 2 & 3 to catch up on
  • CSI NY - forensics, NY & Gary Senise, my dream job! back saturday 8th Jan C5.
  • Zen - BBC1 Sun 9pm - the stylish Rufus Sewell in the equally stylish & stunning Rome, whats not to enjoy?
  •  The Good Wife, fantastic first season last year and have obviously missed this off 2010 favs!.. Juliana Margulies has all the luck Chris Noth & George Clooney, thats a tough job!
  • and Silk - a Uk legal drama, with the incredibly yummy Rupert Penry Jones, suited and in barrister regalia... i'm going to be in 7th heaven!
all I need to do now is go to M&S to stock the freezer, make sure that the microwave is working and I'm ready for January... let the silly season & stress begin!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

My Sky Planner is already set up for Lark Rise and I've diaried Secret Shopper so I can set that up for recording too!

Oooh and I can't wait for Brothers and Sisters to start again - how heartbreaking was the last episode!

Victoria xx

Caroline said...

I can't WAIT for Glee tomorrow - SOOOO excited, it's ridiculous! Also One Born Every Minute new series tomorrow night, which I LOVED last year, and Dancing on Ice tonight. January TV fest has started!! xx

Thursday, 6 January 2011

TV Dinner Treats

for those of you that have followed me over the last couple of years know that I loose my life in January! This is due to Financial Year end pressures at work, the only time of the year (& again at the half year!) when I regret having 'Audit' as part of my job title!..
Invariably I live on TV dinners and bless the fact that I have I-player!.
Fortunately this is one of my favourite TV times, as  the Christmas decorations come down new TV starts.
So as we say goodbye to the old and welcome the new here are my tv treats from 2010 and what my tv dinners are going to be in 2011.
In 2010 I loved:
  • Luther - looking forward to new series
  • Ashes to Ashes - said goodbye to Gene & Bolly..and it all finally made sense!
  • Spooks - another goodbye to the gorgeous Lucas North
  • Glee - so excited that this is back on Monday E4 9pm.. check out trailer here
  • Sherlock - fantastic twist on a classic.
  • Upstairs Downstairs - lovely to be back in Eton Place again.
  • Downton Abbey - one of my absolute favs from last year.. watched again over new year Dame Maggie Smith at her finest!
  • Mad Men - cannot fail to be on my fav list yearly, without a doubt the classiest, most glamorous TV series ever! This programme ooooozes everything, class, glamour, sex, New York!
  • and then finally the complete opposite of Mad Men is The only way is Essex.. car crash TV at its finest!... I never do reality, but for an essex girl this had to be seen to be believed!..addictable.
So what am I looking forward to in 2011
  • the return of Brothers & Sisters (coming soon to more4)
  • Larkrise to Candleford - Sunday 9th Jan BBC.. easy sunday evening viewing.. can Dorcas find true love?
  • Mary Portas - Secret Shopper... for a girl in retail I can't wait to see this, if only for Mary in disguise!
  • Under Suspicion - 3rd serialisation of the books by Lynda La Plante.. enjoyed first episode have 2 & 3 to catch up on
  • CSI NY - forensics, NY & Gary Senise, my dream job! back saturday 8th Jan C5.
  • Zen - BBC1 Sun 9pm - the stylish Rufus Sewell in the equally stylish & stunning Rome, whats not to enjoy?
  •  The Good Wife, fantastic first season last year and have obviously missed this off 2010 favs!.. Juliana Margulies has all the luck Chris Noth & George Clooney, thats a tough job!
  • and Silk - a Uk legal drama, with the incredibly yummy Rupert Penry Jones, suited and in barrister regalia... i'm going to be in 7th heaven!
all I need to do now is go to M&S to stock the freezer, make sure that the microwave is working and I'm ready for January... let the silly season & stress begin!

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

My Sky Planner is already set up for Lark Rise and I've diaried Secret Shopper so I can set that up for recording too!

Oooh and I can't wait for Brothers and Sisters to start again - how heartbreaking was the last episode!

Victoria xx

Caroline said...

I can't WAIT for Glee tomorrow - SOOOO excited, it's ridiculous! Also One Born Every Minute new series tomorrow night, which I LOVED last year, and Dancing on Ice tonight. January TV fest has started!! xx