Saturday, 26 February 2011

has been to see the wizard!

along the yellow brick road ...
Last night my friend Lucy & I went to the London Palladium to see the Wizard of Oz.... I bought the tickets for Lucy's birthday last year, as it's her favourite film.

Unbeknown to me last night it was Danielle Hope's debut performance (having won the role through the TV show Over the Rainbow) I didn't follow the Tv series but was very impressed by her performance . The staging of this musical is amazing. The scene changes are truly spectacular ( no painted back drops being pulled on and off the stage!!) including flying witches and the scary monkeys!
It was lovely to see Michael Crawford back in the West End after battling the debilitating illness ME.
This show has been previewing since early Feb with its Press night scheduled on 1st March, so prepared to read lots more on this spectacular staging... another winner for Lloyd Webber.
coveting the very gorgeous red ruby slippers!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Ooooh I want to see this! Must book myself some tickets, I followed the show so I'm interested to see the actual production!

Victoria xx

Saturday, 26 February 2011

has been to see the wizard!

along the yellow brick road ...
Last night my friend Lucy & I went to the London Palladium to see the Wizard of Oz.... I bought the tickets for Lucy's birthday last year, as it's her favourite film.

Unbeknown to me last night it was Danielle Hope's debut performance (having won the role through the TV show Over the Rainbow) I didn't follow the Tv series but was very impressed by her performance . The staging of this musical is amazing. The scene changes are truly spectacular ( no painted back drops being pulled on and off the stage!!) including flying witches and the scary monkeys!
It was lovely to see Michael Crawford back in the West End after battling the debilitating illness ME.
This show has been previewing since early Feb with its Press night scheduled on 1st March, so prepared to read lots more on this spectacular staging... another winner for Lloyd Webber.
coveting the very gorgeous red ruby slippers!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

Ooooh I want to see this! Must book myself some tickets, I followed the show so I'm interested to see the actual production!

Victoria xx