Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Peggy's Parlour......

how excited was to I to read a while back that Peggy Porschen was opening her own cupcake & cookie parlour! I hadn't managed to get there before Christmas, but with a little time off today I popped to Belgravia to visit the parlour for a coffee & cupcake. I can say it is the loveliest cupcake eatery that I have been too... and I have frequented a few here & in New York and it is top of the list for me!

The shop is delightful, the goodies & treats instore are very tempting. The two girls in there today were lovely, they couldn't have been more helpful and the cupcake & coffee was delicious. (mary portas would have been impressed!) I've always been a fan of Peggy's... her 1st book inspired me to start making cookies, with my first attempt being a box of baby cookies to celebrate the birth of my godson 6 years ago... and the cupcake and cookie craze began!
My cupcake instore was a Lemon chiffon which was very yummy and tangy!.. i'm not a huge fan of too much icing, but she has got it spot on with taste & texture.... carried home in a box was the following; Black forest, Banoffee and a Chocolate Heaven...mmm can't wait to try those! I also had to purchase a jar of Passionfruit jam and a cute little cake stand & dome.... I am already compiling a list of goodies for my trip back... i'm going back for afternoon tea soon!.... a MUST for any cupcake fan... x

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

That is going right on my list of places to visit!

Victoria xxx

Archies Mum said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day off. Your cupcake looks absolutely gorgeous, and love your glass stand and dome that you bought.

Kelly said...

Looks like a girlie visit is in order, Sophie's first london visit perhaps!!!

Caroline said...

Oh wow, it's so pink and lovely! Must make a note of it for my next trip to London! x

Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Peggy's Parlour......

how excited was to I to read a while back that Peggy Porschen was opening her own cupcake & cookie parlour! I hadn't managed to get there before Christmas, but with a little time off today I popped to Belgravia to visit the parlour for a coffee & cupcake. I can say it is the loveliest cupcake eatery that I have been too... and I have frequented a few here & in New York and it is top of the list for me!

The shop is delightful, the goodies & treats instore are very tempting. The two girls in there today were lovely, they couldn't have been more helpful and the cupcake & coffee was delicious. (mary portas would have been impressed!) I've always been a fan of Peggy's... her 1st book inspired me to start making cookies, with my first attempt being a box of baby cookies to celebrate the birth of my godson 6 years ago... and the cupcake and cookie craze began!
My cupcake instore was a Lemon chiffon which was very yummy and tangy!.. i'm not a huge fan of too much icing, but she has got it spot on with taste & texture.... carried home in a box was the following; Black forest, Banoffee and a Chocolate Heaven...mmm can't wait to try those! I also had to purchase a jar of Passionfruit jam and a cute little cake stand & dome.... I am already compiling a list of goodies for my trip back... i'm going back for afternoon tea soon!.... a MUST for any cupcake fan... x

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

That is going right on my list of places to visit!

Victoria xxx

Archies Mum said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend a day off. Your cupcake looks absolutely gorgeous, and love your glass stand and dome that you bought.

Kelly said...

Looks like a girlie visit is in order, Sophie's first london visit perhaps!!!

Caroline said...

Oh wow, it's so pink and lovely! Must make a note of it for my next trip to London! x