Saturday, 19 February 2011

Rainy Days are Baking days!...

I know that no-one needs an excuse to bake, but rainy days are the best days for me. Nothing brightens me more when it's miserable outside to be baking in the kitchen... this week i've baked a bit so today has had me devouring my 2 favourite magazines Delicious Magazine and Sainsbury magazine  loving the rhubarb crumble cake on the front of delicious... this will be converted to cupcakes!. mmmm. Also pulling together my Books to Eat list for 2011.
One of the books on the list is the lovely Lorraine Pascale's Baking made Easy which has recently serialised on bbc and has been one of my favourite cooking programmes ever!
On my stroll Wednesday evening to the Peacock theatre I had a few minutes to spare so I stopped off at Ella's bakehouse in Covent Garden (which of course is Lorraines cupcake shop).. had a delicious Lemon & Raspberry cupcake with a Latte.. cute little quaint cupcake parlour... loved the serving hatch! The book is delightful and the tiramisu mini cakes & cookie brownies are on my baking list!
A must have for any baker...and the perfect brightener for a dull day!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

I loved her programme and actually looked forward to Monday evenings to watch her create her culinary delights. I know I shouldn't but I really liked the look of her honeycombe. If I do make any I'll have to watch my teeth. Her book is also on my wish list

klmpink said...

I have never been to Ellas but I do fancy it! Was it as busy as Hummingbird? Last time I was near Hummingbird there were queues down the road!

Saturday, 19 February 2011

Rainy Days are Baking days!...

I know that no-one needs an excuse to bake, but rainy days are the best days for me. Nothing brightens me more when it's miserable outside to be baking in the kitchen... this week i've baked a bit so today has had me devouring my 2 favourite magazines Delicious Magazine and Sainsbury magazine  loving the rhubarb crumble cake on the front of delicious... this will be converted to cupcakes!. mmmm. Also pulling together my Books to Eat list for 2011.
One of the books on the list is the lovely Lorraine Pascale's Baking made Easy which has recently serialised on bbc and has been one of my favourite cooking programmes ever!
On my stroll Wednesday evening to the Peacock theatre I had a few minutes to spare so I stopped off at Ella's bakehouse in Covent Garden (which of course is Lorraines cupcake shop).. had a delicious Lemon & Raspberry cupcake with a Latte.. cute little quaint cupcake parlour... loved the serving hatch! The book is delightful and the tiramisu mini cakes & cookie brownies are on my baking list!
A must have for any baker...and the perfect brightener for a dull day!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

I loved her programme and actually looked forward to Monday evenings to watch her create her culinary delights. I know I shouldn't but I really liked the look of her honeycombe. If I do make any I'll have to watch my teeth. Her book is also on my wish list

klmpink said...

I have never been to Ellas but I do fancy it! Was it as busy as Hummingbird? Last time I was near Hummingbird there were queues down the road!