Monday, 11 April 2011

April reads...

as you know I like to theme my reads around what I'm doing , so this months reads are split into two.One themed and the other just because they are two of my favourite authors!
Themed are in keeping with Mothers Day... my reads are:
  • Mothers & Daughters ~ Kate Long - Two generations, driven apart by infidelity, how a mother and daughter deal with betrayal and fight for what they believe in....
  • Mum on the Run ~ Fiona Gibson - the dreaded mums race at school sports day - every mothers worst nightmare........
  • and from my favourite author list:~
  • Men I've loved before ~ Adele Parks - Nat wonders if Neil really is the man of her dreams, or could someone from her past really be "the one"! Love Adele 's books looking forward to my tube journeys with this one...a move away from her previous book covers... hopefully will not have an accident with this one!... check out previous post!
  • Dirty Tricks ~ Jo Carnegie - we're back in Churchminster following on from Country Pursuits, Naked Truths, and Wild Things... Jo's books are this generations Jilly Cooper. One of my guilty pleasures is Emmerdale.. this series is the glamorous version of Emmerdale, lots of champagne,and incredibly scrummy men who are very naughty!!...so looking forward to curling up with this, it's like catching up with old friends that you haven't seen for a while ......
looking forward to my commute now.... check back for April reviews later in month....

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

I love your book reviews. I'm just reading Friends, Lies & Alibis that you recommended. I'm really enjoying it. I've already bought the new Adele Parks book and that is the next one on my list. Just wish I could get thru' as many books as you do lol

Kelly said...

Look good! I'll download some for my new kindle, you never know I may get some time to read them!

Monday, 11 April 2011

April reads...

as you know I like to theme my reads around what I'm doing , so this months reads are split into two.One themed and the other just because they are two of my favourite authors!
Themed are in keeping with Mothers Day... my reads are:
  • Mothers & Daughters ~ Kate Long - Two generations, driven apart by infidelity, how a mother and daughter deal with betrayal and fight for what they believe in....
  • Mum on the Run ~ Fiona Gibson - the dreaded mums race at school sports day - every mothers worst nightmare........
  • and from my favourite author list:~
  • Men I've loved before ~ Adele Parks - Nat wonders if Neil really is the man of her dreams, or could someone from her past really be "the one"! Love Adele 's books looking forward to my tube journeys with this one...a move away from her previous book covers... hopefully will not have an accident with this one!... check out previous post!
  • Dirty Tricks ~ Jo Carnegie - we're back in Churchminster following on from Country Pursuits, Naked Truths, and Wild Things... Jo's books are this generations Jilly Cooper. One of my guilty pleasures is Emmerdale.. this series is the glamorous version of Emmerdale, lots of champagne,and incredibly scrummy men who are very naughty!!...so looking forward to curling up with this, it's like catching up with old friends that you haven't seen for a while ......
looking forward to my commute now.... check back for April reviews later in month....

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

I love your book reviews. I'm just reading Friends, Lies & Alibis that you recommended. I'm really enjoying it. I've already bought the new Adele Parks book and that is the next one on my list. Just wish I could get thru' as many books as you do lol

Kelly said...

Look good! I'll download some for my new kindle, you never know I may get some time to read them!