Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Baking Mad.....

Yesterday saw the start of Eric Lanlards Baking Mad series on Channel 4...
I am a complete fan of Eric's having watched his Glamour Puds series a couple of years ago and loved it. Eric is behind the Cake Boy Cafe and most recently Cupcakes, Cookies & Cox in Soho in partnership with Shoe Designer Patrick Cox.... just the premise of Cupcakes & Shoes makes me happy!!... on both occasions that I have visited CCC the cupcakes have been great.
Yesterdays Baking Mad theme was Cupcakes!.... recipes of the day were Lemon meringue, Tiramisu and Pineapple & Amaretto which all looked very yummy.
Recipes can be found here:
Also featured was the new shoe salon from the Big Green Store north of the park!.... didn't look as good as our shoe salon but the cupcakes looked fantastic!
Eric's Homebake book is a great read as well as his Masterclass book (previously published as Glamour Cakes) covering many aspects of cake decorating. 
If the series is as good as the first episode then I'm in for a treat!....especially as I have an afternoon booked with Patisserie master himself in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Archies Mum said...

Oh no I missed this. I love watching programmes that involve plenty of baking. I've just had a look in the Radio Times and can see now why I missed it - fancy putting it on that early. I'll have to see if its on 4oD. Thanks for posting about it or I would have missed it all.

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Baking Mad.....

Yesterday saw the start of Eric Lanlards Baking Mad series on Channel 4...
I am a complete fan of Eric's having watched his Glamour Puds series a couple of years ago and loved it. Eric is behind the Cake Boy Cafe and most recently Cupcakes, Cookies & Cox in Soho in partnership with Shoe Designer Patrick Cox.... just the premise of Cupcakes & Shoes makes me happy!!... on both occasions that I have visited CCC the cupcakes have been great.
Yesterdays Baking Mad theme was Cupcakes!.... recipes of the day were Lemon meringue, Tiramisu and Pineapple & Amaretto which all looked very yummy.
Recipes can be found here:
Also featured was the new shoe salon from the Big Green Store north of the park!.... didn't look as good as our shoe salon but the cupcakes looked fantastic!
Eric's Homebake book is a great read as well as his Masterclass book (previously published as Glamour Cakes) covering many aspects of cake decorating. 
If the series is as good as the first episode then I'm in for a treat!....especially as I have an afternoon booked with Patisserie master himself in a few weeks!

1 comment:

Archies Mum said...

Oh no I missed this. I love watching programmes that involve plenty of baking. I've just had a look in the Radio Times and can see now why I missed it - fancy putting it on that early. I'll have to see if its on 4oD. Thanks for posting about it or I would have missed it all.