Sunday, 15 May 2011

I heart New York!

London may be my home, but New York holds my heart..... and 1 week from now I will be back in this fabulous city!.... I am beyond excited that I'm going back and apologies in advance of a week of NY blogs!... I've never been in the springtime so looking forward to exploring in the sunshine (hopefully)...
I didn't realise until last week that my trip co-insides with the start of Fleetweek..... for those not familiar with this terminology.. it when the city honours its Armed Forces and the Navy ships dock for a few days!.... New York, Navy Marines & Army.... can it get any better?... don't think I will want to come back!

maybe I'll get my An Officer & a Gentleman moment!!!...
Fleetweek was also featured in a Sex & the City Episode Anchors away.... and this is in my top 5 S&TC moments....


Carrie just about sums up how I feel about NY......
as this is my first fleetweek, any tips would be gratefully received!!... i promise to return with lots of pictures especially for my BF and GBF!

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I am beyond jealous you're there for fleetweek!!!!!

Victoria xxx

Archies Mum said...

Oh you lucky lucky thing. All those sailors (there is nothing nicer than a man in uniform - but they do have to be nice looking as well). Hope you have a fantastic time there, if you do get whisked away make sure he's as handsome as Richard Gere was in an Officer & a Gentleman, or find a Lois from Louisianna to have a dance with but don't do a Charlotte or Samantha (I'm sure you know what I mean lol) ;)

whatshappeningatmyhouse said...

Have a fabulous time, T - and look forward to reading all about it xx

Sunday, 15 May 2011

I heart New York!

London may be my home, but New York holds my heart..... and 1 week from now I will be back in this fabulous city!.... I am beyond excited that I'm going back and apologies in advance of a week of NY blogs!... I've never been in the springtime so looking forward to exploring in the sunshine (hopefully)...
I didn't realise until last week that my trip co-insides with the start of Fleetweek..... for those not familiar with this terminology.. it when the city honours its Armed Forces and the Navy ships dock for a few days!.... New York, Navy Marines & Army.... can it get any better?... don't think I will want to come back!

maybe I'll get my An Officer & a Gentleman moment!!!...
Fleetweek was also featured in a Sex & the City Episode Anchors away.... and this is in my top 5 S&TC moments....


Carrie just about sums up how I feel about NY......
as this is my first fleetweek, any tips would be gratefully received!!... i promise to return with lots of pictures especially for my BF and GBF!

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I am beyond jealous you're there for fleetweek!!!!!

Victoria xxx

Archies Mum said...

Oh you lucky lucky thing. All those sailors (there is nothing nicer than a man in uniform - but they do have to be nice looking as well). Hope you have a fantastic time there, if you do get whisked away make sure he's as handsome as Richard Gere was in an Officer & a Gentleman, or find a Lois from Louisianna to have a dance with but don't do a Charlotte or Samantha (I'm sure you know what I mean lol) ;)

whatshappeningatmyhouse said...

Have a fabulous time, T - and look forward to reading all about it xx