Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Billy's bakery.....

Prior to hitting the Highline,I stopped for an iced coffee in Billy's Bakery,
This little bakery was an absolute delight. Billy (a former employee of Magnolia Bakery) opened Billy's Bakery's in the Chelsea Village, Tribeca & Nolita neighbourhoods of New York.
 The Chelsea Village bakery has a real 1940's family kitchen feel about it, enhanced by pistachio & lemon colour scheme. A fantastic retro little piece of 1950's New York....

On my visit it was a beautiful sunny day and light streamed through the windows... sitting on the vintage bench sipping coffee and eating a Carrot cupcake was joyful.

I loved this little bakery, and if you can only stop for one cupcake in New York this would be the one I choose over all the others... (and I've tried lots!!) the team were really friendly and helpful, and the young girl icing cupcakes in the window was great to watch... will definitely return on my next trip to New York x

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

You were certainly cupcaked out on this trip!

Victoria xx

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Billy's bakery.....

Prior to hitting the Highline,I stopped for an iced coffee in Billy's Bakery,
This little bakery was an absolute delight. Billy (a former employee of Magnolia Bakery) opened Billy's Bakery's in the Chelsea Village, Tribeca & Nolita neighbourhoods of New York.
 The Chelsea Village bakery has a real 1940's family kitchen feel about it, enhanced by pistachio & lemon colour scheme. A fantastic retro little piece of 1950's New York....

On my visit it was a beautiful sunny day and light streamed through the windows... sitting on the vintage bench sipping coffee and eating a Carrot cupcake was joyful.

I loved this little bakery, and if you can only stop for one cupcake in New York this would be the one I choose over all the others... (and I've tried lots!!) the team were really friendly and helpful, and the young girl icing cupcakes in the window was great to watch... will definitely return on my next trip to New York x

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

You were certainly cupcaked out on this trip!

Victoria xx