Friday, 24 June 2011

Sweet Revenge

Whilst in New York I sought out Sweet Revenge for a spot of late lunch/early dinner. For those not familiar with Sweet Revenge it's a Bar that serves Very big cupcakes accompanied with wine or Beer!...the menu even recommends drinks to complement the cupcake. The concept & bar is the brainchild of Marlo Scott.

The bar is small but incredibly inviting and I happily sat and consumed lunch, beer, cupcake & wine over a couple of hours looking out on the street. The team are really friendly and even sitting on my own,  I didn't feel awkward or rushed. For lunch I had Bacho & verde ~ bacon, avocado, granny smith apple, & mesclum greens in  a wrap (mesclum greens - green salad, cranberries, chipotle pumpkin seeds with a balsamic dressing - absolutely delicious) followed by a crimson & cream cupcake.

This was by far the best red velvet cupcake I have ever tasted, with cream cheese and raspberry frosting. The savoury cupcakes looked equally as tasty, croque Monsieur &
This is a fabulous place and is on my MUST RETURN list for New York.  Found on Carmine street nearest subway Houston street.....If only they would franchise in London!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Wow that place looks amazing, and those cakes look so yummy. You are really good at finding unusual places, I'm presuming you do a lot of research before you go away.

Florence and Mary said...

Cupcake and wine - fabulous combo!

Victoria xx

Friday, 24 June 2011

Sweet Revenge

Whilst in New York I sought out Sweet Revenge for a spot of late lunch/early dinner. For those not familiar with Sweet Revenge it's a Bar that serves Very big cupcakes accompanied with wine or Beer!...the menu even recommends drinks to complement the cupcake. The concept & bar is the brainchild of Marlo Scott.

The bar is small but incredibly inviting and I happily sat and consumed lunch, beer, cupcake & wine over a couple of hours looking out on the street. The team are really friendly and even sitting on my own,  I didn't feel awkward or rushed. For lunch I had Bacho & verde ~ bacon, avocado, granny smith apple, & mesclum greens in  a wrap (mesclum greens - green salad, cranberries, chipotle pumpkin seeds with a balsamic dressing - absolutely delicious) followed by a crimson & cream cupcake.

This was by far the best red velvet cupcake I have ever tasted, with cream cheese and raspberry frosting. The savoury cupcakes looked equally as tasty, croque Monsieur &
This is a fabulous place and is on my MUST RETURN list for New York.  Found on Carmine street nearest subway Houston street.....If only they would franchise in London!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Wow that place looks amazing, and those cakes look so yummy. You are really good at finding unusual places, I'm presuming you do a lot of research before you go away.

Florence and Mary said...

Cupcake and wine - fabulous combo!

Victoria xx