Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Treats from Toulon..

Situated beneath out hotel in Toulon was a small shopping complex, which also housed a Carrefour (France's equivalent of our Tesco)... I couldn't pass the opportunity to pick up a few baking bargains whilst there.
I'm sure if Ryan Airs luggage allowance wasn't so strict I would have purchased much more!

I fell in love with the table decoration aisle!... how could you not love all the bright colours. I picked up some spots & stripes!...my friend K will be fighting me for the lime green ones! Also picked up some fabulous chocolate: Patisserie chocolate from Nestle, Praline, Caramel & Dark and Cote D'or dark with pistachios and Carrafour White with coconut!... yum yum...

also falling into the basket were 3 baking books!... (I can hear my friends groaning that I've managed to bring home 3 books from a weekend away!) especially as they are written in French ( it may take me some time to bake)...
Creme de Marrons plus a box of creme de marrons to assist with the baking!(chesnut spread.. fantastic for autumn)  Loving the mini maron madelines.
Whoopies (it seems the whoppie pie has reached France as well).. loved the Nutella recipe in this book and finally Macarons...
well I couldn't go to France without picking up a Macaron book...fallen in love with the Macaron charlotte... this is on my list to make!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

You're just like me i always head to a supermarket wherever I am, it's where you find the best treasures!

Victoria xx

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Treats from Toulon..

Situated beneath out hotel in Toulon was a small shopping complex, which also housed a Carrefour (France's equivalent of our Tesco)... I couldn't pass the opportunity to pick up a few baking bargains whilst there.
I'm sure if Ryan Airs luggage allowance wasn't so strict I would have purchased much more!

I fell in love with the table decoration aisle!... how could you not love all the bright colours. I picked up some spots & stripes!...my friend K will be fighting me for the lime green ones! Also picked up some fabulous chocolate: Patisserie chocolate from Nestle, Praline, Caramel & Dark and Cote D'or dark with pistachios and Carrafour White with coconut!... yum yum...

also falling into the basket were 3 baking books!... (I can hear my friends groaning that I've managed to bring home 3 books from a weekend away!) especially as they are written in French ( it may take me some time to bake)...
Creme de Marrons plus a box of creme de marrons to assist with the baking!(chesnut spread.. fantastic for autumn)  Loving the mini maron madelines.
Whoopies (it seems the whoppie pie has reached France as well).. loved the Nutella recipe in this book and finally Macarons...
well I couldn't go to France without picking up a Macaron book...fallen in love with the Macaron charlotte... this is on my list to make!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

You're just like me i always head to a supermarket wherever I am, it's where you find the best treasures!

Victoria xx