Monday, 19 September 2011

An evening with George in Verona..

I've been back from Verona a few days, and being badgered to share some of my trip... the first being a fantastic evening in the Opera di Verona in the company of George Michael. Verona has been on my places to visit list for a while and I jumped at the opportunity to go when I was offered pre-sale tickets to see George.
Ticket secured I found a great little hotel by the Arena and 5 days in Italy was planned!.
Prior to the evening I popped into the Arena to see it, in its beautiful glory in the daylight... stunning venue a roman treat... with beautiful views both inside & out across Verona.

George's Symphonica Tour started at 9pm complete with a full orchestra and as the sun set in Verona the Opera came alive with hundreds of fans waiting for the start of the show... how excited was I to arrive and find that I had a front row seat!
First Set
1.Through
2.My Baby Just Cares For Me (Nina Simone cover)
3.Kissing A Fool
4.Understand
5.Let Her Down Easy
8.You Have Been Loved
9.Roxanne (The Police cover)
10.Brother Can You Spare A Dime
Intermission

Second Set
12.Patience
13.John & Elvis Are Dead
14.Wild Is The Wind (David Bowie cover)
15.Where I Hope You Are (new song dedicated to George's ex boyfriend Kenny)
16.You've Changed
17.True Faith
18.Love Is A Losing Game (Amy Winehouse cover) (dedicated to Amy Winehouse)
21.A Different Corner
22.Feeling Good (Nina Simone cover)
23.Amazing Play Video
25.Freedom '90
Encore 2:
26.I Remember You Play Video
27.Free Play Video

I've seen George several times over the past 25 years and I can honestly say this was the best I have seen him. He made me laugh, gave me goose bumps and mad me cry in the space of 3 hours. The set is simple, the orchestra is fantastic and George was quite phenomenal... at times its just him on a stool singing with very little accompaniment, doing what he does best.Its great to see him back at the top of his game, and looking like he is enjoying it!
An amazing evening, in a stunning setting... a perfect evening
so looking forward to the Royal Albert Hall next month!
(songs highlighted in red link to you tube clips)

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Glad you had a great time!

Victoria xxx

Archies Mum said...

You lucky thing. Sounds like you had an amazing time and that George didn't disappoint. I'm presuming you didn't meet the other George (as in Clooney) then ;)

Michela said...

Now I'm pretty sure you will laugh at me since I'm telling you that I've never been to Verona, despite it's so close! I've been several times to Lake Garda and its pretty villages, glad you enjoyed your boat trip!
I hope you will also give us full report and close shots when you'll get to see DD at the O2 Arena, you lucky thing! (Summer gigs in Italy were cancelled due to Simon's vocal problems, I got my refund..fingers crossed for new dates soon!)
Have a good day
xxx

Pennyblossoms said...

That sounded an amazing evening! Saw an old bit of TOTP with Wham! and felt quite sad at how his life had panned out, so many 'yuck' bits played out in front of the press. But, wow, he's doing really OK! Nice to know!
So pleased you had a lovely time and again, so impressed how you take yourself off on these wonderful trips. When I grow up I want to be like TCakes!!
Z xx

Monday, 19 September 2011

An evening with George in Verona..

I've been back from Verona a few days, and being badgered to share some of my trip... the first being a fantastic evening in the Opera di Verona in the company of George Michael. Verona has been on my places to visit list for a while and I jumped at the opportunity to go when I was offered pre-sale tickets to see George.
Ticket secured I found a great little hotel by the Arena and 5 days in Italy was planned!.
Prior to the evening I popped into the Arena to see it, in its beautiful glory in the daylight... stunning venue a roman treat... with beautiful views both inside & out across Verona.

George's Symphonica Tour started at 9pm complete with a full orchestra and as the sun set in Verona the Opera came alive with hundreds of fans waiting for the start of the show... how excited was I to arrive and find that I had a front row seat!
First Set
1.Through
2.My Baby Just Cares For Me (Nina Simone cover)
3.Kissing A Fool
4.Understand
5.Let Her Down Easy
8.You Have Been Loved
9.Roxanne (The Police cover)
10.Brother Can You Spare A Dime
Intermission

Second Set
12.Patience
13.John & Elvis Are Dead
14.Wild Is The Wind (David Bowie cover)
15.Where I Hope You Are (new song dedicated to George's ex boyfriend Kenny)
16.You've Changed
17.True Faith
18.Love Is A Losing Game (Amy Winehouse cover) (dedicated to Amy Winehouse)
21.A Different Corner
22.Feeling Good (Nina Simone cover)
23.Amazing Play Video
25.Freedom '90
Encore 2:
26.I Remember You Play Video
27.Free Play Video

I've seen George several times over the past 25 years and I can honestly say this was the best I have seen him. He made me laugh, gave me goose bumps and mad me cry in the space of 3 hours. The set is simple, the orchestra is fantastic and George was quite phenomenal... at times its just him on a stool singing with very little accompaniment, doing what he does best.Its great to see him back at the top of his game, and looking like he is enjoying it!
An amazing evening, in a stunning setting... a perfect evening
so looking forward to the Royal Albert Hall next month!
(songs highlighted in red link to you tube clips)

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Glad you had a great time!

Victoria xxx

Archies Mum said...

You lucky thing. Sounds like you had an amazing time and that George didn't disappoint. I'm presuming you didn't meet the other George (as in Clooney) then ;)

Michela said...

Now I'm pretty sure you will laugh at me since I'm telling you that I've never been to Verona, despite it's so close! I've been several times to Lake Garda and its pretty villages, glad you enjoyed your boat trip!
I hope you will also give us full report and close shots when you'll get to see DD at the O2 Arena, you lucky thing! (Summer gigs in Italy were cancelled due to Simon's vocal problems, I got my refund..fingers crossed for new dates soon!)
Have a good day
xxx

Pennyblossoms said...

That sounded an amazing evening! Saw an old bit of TOTP with Wham! and felt quite sad at how his life had panned out, so many 'yuck' bits played out in front of the press. But, wow, he's doing really OK! Nice to know!
So pleased you had a lovely time and again, so impressed how you take yourself off on these wonderful trips. When I grow up I want to be like TCakes!!
Z xx