Wednesday, 28 September 2011

verona, verona .. where for art

thou Verona...my recent trip to Italy saw me taking in the sights of 2 beautiful cities and a lake!.... Verona was my base for the 5 days, fantastic location for travelling as airport is 20 minutes via shuttle bus and the bus/train station houses multiple train carriers including italia rail /eurostar and the domestic lines.
Verona was picturesque and relaxing, just what I needed to unwind, with stunning scenery, scrumptious food and warm weather it was just fabulous.
Verona is a much quieter town in comparison to Rome & Venice except when the opera season is in full voice. My hotel was sited a stones throw from the Opera di Verona which made it a fab location to get around.

During my stay I visited the house of the Capulets and the iconic balcony (recently seen in letters to Juliet)... unfortunately the walls are not covered in letters & post its now ~ lots of writing and you can now leave a note for Juliet via a "tablet/ipad" in the Capulet house!...


not far from the Capulet courtyard is a stunning square Piazza Erbe, here you can pick up some treats in the market, stop for an espresso and gaze at the amazing paintings on the buildings... as you can see its a favourite for budding artists too!

pop back soon for more detail on verona, a day on the lake, a trip to venice and fabulous food from italy!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Verona is a beautiful place isn't it and definitely a place for leisurely walks. Glad you got to see Juliets balcony, but I can imagine that it was very busy there!!!

Pennyblossoms said...

Gosh, I never realised that there was a real House of Capulets! You lives and learns! Italy all looks so beautiful.
I have tagged you on my post for a blog award, http://penny-blossoms.blogspot.com/2011/10/200th-post-lovely-award.html.
Z xx

Wednesday, 28 September 2011

verona, verona .. where for art

thou Verona...my recent trip to Italy saw me taking in the sights of 2 beautiful cities and a lake!.... Verona was my base for the 5 days, fantastic location for travelling as airport is 20 minutes via shuttle bus and the bus/train station houses multiple train carriers including italia rail /eurostar and the domestic lines.
Verona was picturesque and relaxing, just what I needed to unwind, with stunning scenery, scrumptious food and warm weather it was just fabulous.
Verona is a much quieter town in comparison to Rome & Venice except when the opera season is in full voice. My hotel was sited a stones throw from the Opera di Verona which made it a fab location to get around.

During my stay I visited the house of the Capulets and the iconic balcony (recently seen in letters to Juliet)... unfortunately the walls are not covered in letters & post its now ~ lots of writing and you can now leave a note for Juliet via a "tablet/ipad" in the Capulet house!...


not far from the Capulet courtyard is a stunning square Piazza Erbe, here you can pick up some treats in the market, stop for an espresso and gaze at the amazing paintings on the buildings... as you can see its a favourite for budding artists too!

pop back soon for more detail on verona, a day on the lake, a trip to venice and fabulous food from italy!

2 comments:

Archies Mum said...

Verona is a beautiful place isn't it and definitely a place for leisurely walks. Glad you got to see Juliets balcony, but I can imagine that it was very busy there!!!

Pennyblossoms said...

Gosh, I never realised that there was a real House of Capulets! You lives and learns! Italy all looks so beautiful.
I have tagged you on my post for a blog award, http://penny-blossoms.blogspot.com/2011/10/200th-post-lovely-award.html.
Z xx