Sunday, 13 November 2011

Remember....

Friday afternoon I headed over to the Garden of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey. Every year since it opened I've promised myself to go, and this year I finally got there. The garden is a beautiful tribute to our military services past and present. It's carefully thought out and even though it's busy it's designed to allow people the opportunity for some quiet reflection. This year I planted a cross for my gramps at his regiment. Thankful that he came home and could be my hero for remaining years.

 On leaving the garden I walked up Parliament road passing the Cenotaph and finishing at Trafalgar Square, where I sat for a quiet drink looking at the poppy wreaths that had been left in the water pools.

 So today on Remembrance Sunday... We will remember...Thank you to all our service men & women that have given us our safe today and tomorrow.

2 comments:

RosieP said...

Oh so lovely Teresa, I remember when we were kids my dad used to march, then he'd go and put his cross in the Garden of Rememberance, one day I will get up there again and show Marcus what his Grandad used to do.

Thanks for the memory.

Hugs Jill xx

RosieP said...

Oh so lovely Teresa, I remember when we were kids my dad used to march, then he'd go and put his cross in the Garden of Rememberance, one day I will get up there again and show Marcus what his Grandad used to do.

Thanks for the memory.

Hugs Jill xx

Sunday, 13 November 2011

Remember....

Friday afternoon I headed over to the Garden of Remembrance at Westminster Abbey. Every year since it opened I've promised myself to go, and this year I finally got there. The garden is a beautiful tribute to our military services past and present. It's carefully thought out and even though it's busy it's designed to allow people the opportunity for some quiet reflection. This year I planted a cross for my gramps at his regiment. Thankful that he came home and could be my hero for remaining years.

 On leaving the garden I walked up Parliament road passing the Cenotaph and finishing at Trafalgar Square, where I sat for a quiet drink looking at the poppy wreaths that had been left in the water pools.

 So today on Remembrance Sunday... We will remember...Thank you to all our service men & women that have given us our safe today and tomorrow.

2 comments:

RosieP said...

Oh so lovely Teresa, I remember when we were kids my dad used to march, then he'd go and put his cross in the Garden of Rememberance, one day I will get up there again and show Marcus what his Grandad used to do.

Thanks for the memory.

Hugs Jill xx

RosieP said...

Oh so lovely Teresa, I remember when we were kids my dad used to march, then he'd go and put his cross in the Garden of Rememberance, one day I will get up there again and show Marcus what his Grandad used to do.

Thanks for the memory.

Hugs Jill xx