Sunday, 18 December 2011

Wild Boys of Pop...

Still hold my heart 30 years on... I am of course referring to the 80's original boy band Duran Duran. As previously blogged I have been a Duranie for a very long time. So with much excitement and trepidation I headed to the O2 last Monday for an evening with the original bad boys of pop.
I deliberated whether to go as due to several things I hadn't had the greatest of weeks and had just come off crutches... But I'm so glad that I did... It seemed that jumping up & down reliving my youth did me the world of good. My seat was fantastic and I became a screening teenager all over again.
Duran Duran have never been a band to stand still, the line up has changed a few times, they have experimented with their sound and direction, but I am pleased to say they are back doing what they do best and their last album is one of their best... Produced by Mark Ronson it is a fabulous piece of work, influenced by their Duran Duran and Rio albums.
Demonstrating that Duran Duran move with the times, a live Twitter feed was rolling across the screen on stage before the gig, urging all to Tweet #duranlive with messages ... Also during the show was a 5 minute twitter break!
Set list of the show was: (all highlighted songs link to a you tube clip)
Before the Rain
Planet Earth
A View to a Kill
Blame the Machines
Come undone
Safe
The Reflex
The man who stole a Leopard
Girl Panic (joined by Mark Ronson on guitar)

Is there something I should know
Tiger Tiger
White lines
Careless memories
Ordinary world
Notorious
Hungry like the wolf
Reach for the Sunrise

Encore1
Encore2

Can honestly its one of the best gigs I've been to... Simon was outstanding and he, John, Nick & Roger looked like they were having the time of their life. Set design looked deceptively basic but had a fantastic light & video display to each song. Duran Duran were groundbreaking in the launch of the pop video and some of the set showcased this. The boys have been back in the news recently with their new video for girl panic which is the follow on from girls on film! Filmed at the Savoy hotel it demonstrates Duran Duran at their best... Glamour, girls, champagne ?... what more could you ask for!... Fab night.x

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds wonderful! I liked and still like Duran Duran, but my favourite group is Depeche Mode. Must say though Durans last album was very good.

whatshappeningatmyhouse said...

Am SOOO envious, I actually feel sick! Have a happy Christmas, Teresa xxx

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi Teresa!
Thank you for your wonderful report, I felt like I was there with you! Fingers crossed for new gigs in Italy soon :)
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012!
Michela x

Sunday, 18 December 2011

Wild Boys of Pop...

Still hold my heart 30 years on... I am of course referring to the 80's original boy band Duran Duran. As previously blogged I have been a Duranie for a very long time. So with much excitement and trepidation I headed to the O2 last Monday for an evening with the original bad boys of pop.
I deliberated whether to go as due to several things I hadn't had the greatest of weeks and had just come off crutches... But I'm so glad that I did... It seemed that jumping up & down reliving my youth did me the world of good. My seat was fantastic and I became a screening teenager all over again.
Duran Duran have never been a band to stand still, the line up has changed a few times, they have experimented with their sound and direction, but I am pleased to say they are back doing what they do best and their last album is one of their best... Produced by Mark Ronson it is a fabulous piece of work, influenced by their Duran Duran and Rio albums.
Demonstrating that Duran Duran move with the times, a live Twitter feed was rolling across the screen on stage before the gig, urging all to Tweet #duranlive with messages ... Also during the show was a 5 minute twitter break!
Set list of the show was: (all highlighted songs link to a you tube clip)
Before the Rain
Planet Earth
A View to a Kill
Blame the Machines
Come undone
Safe
The Reflex
The man who stole a Leopard
Girl Panic (joined by Mark Ronson on guitar)

Is there something I should know
Tiger Tiger
White lines
Careless memories
Ordinary world
Notorious
Hungry like the wolf
Reach for the Sunrise

Encore1
Encore2

Can honestly its one of the best gigs I've been to... Simon was outstanding and he, John, Nick & Roger looked like they were having the time of their life. Set design looked deceptively basic but had a fantastic light & video display to each song. Duran Duran were groundbreaking in the launch of the pop video and some of the set showcased this. The boys have been back in the news recently with their new video for girl panic which is the follow on from girls on film! Filmed at the Savoy hotel it demonstrates Duran Duran at their best... Glamour, girls, champagne ?... what more could you ask for!... Fab night.x

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds wonderful! I liked and still like Duran Duran, but my favourite group is Depeche Mode. Must say though Durans last album was very good.

whatshappeningatmyhouse said...

Am SOOO envious, I actually feel sick! Have a happy Christmas, Teresa xxx

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi Teresa!
Thank you for your wonderful report, I felt like I was there with you! Fingers crossed for new gigs in Italy soon :)
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2012!
Michela x