Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Coffee & Words...

Well thankyou for all the lovely messages during my hectic few weeks. I am pleased to say that all the numbers are posted and a new year has started....212 hours in the big yellow store over the last 4 weeks,( recently turned red for chinese new year!).. with 3 hours travelling on top each day has left little time for anything else!... I am very tired but looking forward to spending time with friends & family over the next few weeks and catching up on life...

 lots of coffee has been consumed to keep me going, thankyou in particular to Caroline and Kelly who have met me for coffee in the last month and given me a welcome break from my desk... it was also lovely to catch up with Zoe between Christmas & New Year whilst she was visiting London.... also my Latte lovely, L, who has managed to make me laugh out loud on even the toughest days!..



Another great place for 10 minutes peace & quiet and a little retreat has been the fab Selfridges Library..(usually its the shoe gallery or the handbag hall that calms my stress!) .. located in the Ultralounge space in the Lower Ground Floor. Only there for 6 weeks is an eclectic mix of old and new... enhancing the theme of the new year of WORDS... I love the Ipad station alongside the blackboard & book corner.

There is a host of events happening within the space from story telling, to handwriting analysis, to book binding... a must for any book lover... its a treasure trove of old & new.. the book wall is gorgeous, a real trip down memory lane, evoking the best childhood memories.. check it out if you are visiting its very cool...

3 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

Chuffed to see you are back and in one piece, if a little frazzled around the edges!
Mr B showed me an ad in the Standard last night, about travelling during the Olympics. Terrible graphics, (mind you, with THAT logo cannot expect anything else!), a horse on the Tube escalator. Oh God, can't you have a fornights vacation? I keep thinking of you spending hours travelling to work!!
Went to the Big Yella and bought a Nespresso in Manchester. Cheers!
Zxx

Archies Mum said...

You must be glad that January is over for you. The library looks amazing. Are you tempted to take books home with you (no only joking). Welcome back to blogging land

Clair said...

Glad to see you back! xxx

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Coffee & Words...

Well thankyou for all the lovely messages during my hectic few weeks. I am pleased to say that all the numbers are posted and a new year has started....212 hours in the big yellow store over the last 4 weeks,( recently turned red for chinese new year!).. with 3 hours travelling on top each day has left little time for anything else!... I am very tired but looking forward to spending time with friends & family over the next few weeks and catching up on life...

 lots of coffee has been consumed to keep me going, thankyou in particular to Caroline and Kelly who have met me for coffee in the last month and given me a welcome break from my desk... it was also lovely to catch up with Zoe between Christmas & New Year whilst she was visiting London.... also my Latte lovely, L, who has managed to make me laugh out loud on even the toughest days!..



Another great place for 10 minutes peace & quiet and a little retreat has been the fab Selfridges Library..(usually its the shoe gallery or the handbag hall that calms my stress!) .. located in the Ultralounge space in the Lower Ground Floor. Only there for 6 weeks is an eclectic mix of old and new... enhancing the theme of the new year of WORDS... I love the Ipad station alongside the blackboard & book corner.

There is a host of events happening within the space from story telling, to handwriting analysis, to book binding... a must for any book lover... its a treasure trove of old & new.. the book wall is gorgeous, a real trip down memory lane, evoking the best childhood memories.. check it out if you are visiting its very cool...

3 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

Chuffed to see you are back and in one piece, if a little frazzled around the edges!
Mr B showed me an ad in the Standard last night, about travelling during the Olympics. Terrible graphics, (mind you, with THAT logo cannot expect anything else!), a horse on the Tube escalator. Oh God, can't you have a fornights vacation? I keep thinking of you spending hours travelling to work!!
Went to the Big Yella and bought a Nespresso in Manchester. Cheers!
Zxx

Archies Mum said...

You must be glad that January is over for you. The library looks amazing. Are you tempted to take books home with you (no only joking). Welcome back to blogging land

Clair said...

Glad to see you back! xxx