Saturday, 7 January 2012

Final Holiday Treat...

as 12th night was upon us, I embarked on my last holiday treat, an evening at Matthew Bourne's "The Nutcracker".... having seen the traditional version of it at the Colliseum, I was intrigued to see Matthews modern twist!
An ardant fan of Mattew Bourne's work, I was not disappointed. The sets although basic are also lavish with some very clever twists, never distracting from the dance itself which is simply breathtaking, comical, and refreshing all at once....beautifully staged with a gorgeous cast!

From the grey and gloom of the orphanage in the 1st act you are swept into "Sweetieland" in the 2nd act, where everything is pink and fluffy!...i was salivating!.....



a fabulous treat to round off the holiday season.... Loved both ballets and The Nutcracker is one of my holiday favourites.. x

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I still remember a friend and I booking tickets for the Nutcracker one Christmas Eve and we didn't get past the pub!!

Victoria xx

Pennyblossoms said...

That is a magnificent version isn't it?
I did buy a ticket for the O2 and loved every minute of it. Plus the fact that I was in an auditorium with 5 and half thousand people! Never thought I'd manage that!!
I love Victorias' comment not getting past the pub...I think that's what some of the crew feel like!!
Z xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi Teresa and happy New Year!
I'm trying to catch up with your blog after a long break..I hope you're doing well and not working so hard with the Winter sale..
Take care!
Michela x

Kelly said...

I saw this a good few years ago now! I loved it! The marshmallows were great!!!!

Saturday, 7 January 2012

Final Holiday Treat...

as 12th night was upon us, I embarked on my last holiday treat, an evening at Matthew Bourne's "The Nutcracker".... having seen the traditional version of it at the Colliseum, I was intrigued to see Matthews modern twist!
An ardant fan of Mattew Bourne's work, I was not disappointed. The sets although basic are also lavish with some very clever twists, never distracting from the dance itself which is simply breathtaking, comical, and refreshing all at once....beautifully staged with a gorgeous cast!

From the grey and gloom of the orphanage in the 1st act you are swept into "Sweetieland" in the 2nd act, where everything is pink and fluffy!...i was salivating!.....



a fabulous treat to round off the holiday season.... Loved both ballets and The Nutcracker is one of my holiday favourites.. x

4 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I still remember a friend and I booking tickets for the Nutcracker one Christmas Eve and we didn't get past the pub!!

Victoria xx

Pennyblossoms said...

That is a magnificent version isn't it?
I did buy a ticket for the O2 and loved every minute of it. Plus the fact that I was in an auditorium with 5 and half thousand people! Never thought I'd manage that!!
I love Victorias' comment not getting past the pub...I think that's what some of the crew feel like!!
Z xx

A garden just outside Venice said...

Hi Teresa and happy New Year!
I'm trying to catch up with your blog after a long break..I hope you're doing well and not working so hard with the Winter sale..
Take care!
Michela x

Kelly said...

I saw this a good few years ago now! I loved it! The marshmallows were great!!!!