Saturday, 11 February 2012

Books to Eat & Bake

Having compiled my reading wish list for 2012, I then became distracted compiling my Baking Books to Eat list!... I am some what obsessed with baking books, and always have a pile languishing on the bedside cabinet to read before sleep.. Complete with post it's and notes attached.
So far on my pre-order list are:-

  • Sweet Designs ~ Amy Atlas if this book is anywhere near as good and stylish as her blog it will be a cakemakers/ crafters dream..
  • Tart it up ~  Eric Lanlard huge fan of Eric's, His cake boy eatery in Battersea is delicious as is his pastries, having sampled his champagne afternoon tea twice last year I am so looking forward to this .... lots! Also coming back this spring is his Baking mad series for channel 4
  • Boutique baking ~ Peggy Porschen... Anything with Peggy's name on is worth a look, the styling will be scrumptious along with the design. I'm loving the new styling on the cover, for any of you that have visited Peggy's parlour in Belgravia it looks just like that!
  • Miss Hopes Teatime Treats... The fact that Hope & Greenwood have written an afternoon tea book, makes me salivate just thinking about it... First sweets and now Teatime treats... Yum yum.. Think the styling will have lashings of ginger beer as an accompaniment.
  • Make,Bake & Celebrate ~ Annie Rigg... Frequently published in the Daily mail, Annie's recipes are delightful... Perfect launch for a celebratory year..
  • Popcorn treats ... This intrigued me, as I have been a popcorn junkie for many years and now is trendy for popcorn to be many flavours both savoury and sweet.. I'm a plan sweet girl myself, but I'm hoping this will inspire me to use my popcorn maker more!
Two cake pops books have also caught my eye... I'm a sucker for a girly cover!

And finally Saved by Cake by Marian Keyes. I've been a fan of Marion's chicklit for many years, so a foray into the baking realms intrigued me until I read this article recently .....cupcakes made life sweet again.
Where Marion talks about her battles with depression and how baking has helped her overcome this crippling illness. For someone that has battled with this myself over many years, her account is both brutally honest and exceptionally comforting, because you have no control of it. I think that's why I am such a control freak now, because when this illness strikes you loose all control and become very lost. There isn't one emotion that she describes in the article that I haven't felt over the last 10 years, and applaud her for being so vocal about it. I await with anticipation to read Marion's book... Happy Baking x

2 comments:

Kelly said...

They all ook very interesting. I've been thinking about Cake Pops loads recently because i bought some sticks on ebay! Thought it was sometin I could do with Sophie? I'll look for the MK book too sounds like an interesting read xx

Archies Mum said...

You are definitely a woman after my own heart. I just can't resist a good cook book. The Book People come to work at least once a month and I am nearly always buying a cookbook. I especially like your reviews as it then gives me a better idea on whether to buy or not. Hope you are having a good weekend on such a cold day.

Saturday, 11 February 2012

Books to Eat & Bake

Having compiled my reading wish list for 2012, I then became distracted compiling my Baking Books to Eat list!... I am some what obsessed with baking books, and always have a pile languishing on the bedside cabinet to read before sleep.. Complete with post it's and notes attached.
So far on my pre-order list are:-

  • Sweet Designs ~ Amy Atlas if this book is anywhere near as good and stylish as her blog it will be a cakemakers/ crafters dream..
  • Tart it up ~  Eric Lanlard huge fan of Eric's, His cake boy eatery in Battersea is delicious as is his pastries, having sampled his champagne afternoon tea twice last year I am so looking forward to this .... lots! Also coming back this spring is his Baking mad series for channel 4
  • Boutique baking ~ Peggy Porschen... Anything with Peggy's name on is worth a look, the styling will be scrumptious along with the design. I'm loving the new styling on the cover, for any of you that have visited Peggy's parlour in Belgravia it looks just like that!
  • Miss Hopes Teatime Treats... The fact that Hope & Greenwood have written an afternoon tea book, makes me salivate just thinking about it... First sweets and now Teatime treats... Yum yum.. Think the styling will have lashings of ginger beer as an accompaniment.
  • Make,Bake & Celebrate ~ Annie Rigg... Frequently published in the Daily mail, Annie's recipes are delightful... Perfect launch for a celebratory year..
  • Popcorn treats ... This intrigued me, as I have been a popcorn junkie for many years and now is trendy for popcorn to be many flavours both savoury and sweet.. I'm a plan sweet girl myself, but I'm hoping this will inspire me to use my popcorn maker more!
Two cake pops books have also caught my eye... I'm a sucker for a girly cover!

And finally Saved by Cake by Marian Keyes. I've been a fan of Marion's chicklit for many years, so a foray into the baking realms intrigued me until I read this article recently .....cupcakes made life sweet again.
Where Marion talks about her battles with depression and how baking has helped her overcome this crippling illness. For someone that has battled with this myself over many years, her account is both brutally honest and exceptionally comforting, because you have no control of it. I think that's why I am such a control freak now, because when this illness strikes you loose all control and become very lost. There isn't one emotion that she describes in the article that I haven't felt over the last 10 years, and applaud her for being so vocal about it. I await with anticipation to read Marion's book... Happy Baking x

2 comments:

Kelly said...

They all ook very interesting. I've been thinking about Cake Pops loads recently because i bought some sticks on ebay! Thought it was sometin I could do with Sophie? I'll look for the MK book too sounds like an interesting read xx

Archies Mum said...

You are definitely a woman after my own heart. I just can't resist a good cook book. The Book People come to work at least once a month and I am nearly always buying a cookbook. I especially like your reviews as it then gives me a better idea on whether to buy or not. Hope you are having a good weekend on such a cold day.