Thursday, 8 March 2012

Bake yourself Happy....

As previously blogged, baking has been my salvation in times of stress and depression and it seems I'm not alone.... Mary, Jamie and Marian are all telling us to bake ourselves happy!
Last week I picked up the gorgeous Saved by Cake from the author Marian Keyes, written in her distinctive witty style. The book is kitsch with lots of pink!...and oodles of scrummy recipes. I really liked the book, the recipes are varied and I think that it's a great book for both the seasoned and occasional baker, especially as it doesn't all look perfect!

The grandmother of baking, the lovely Mary Berry has recently talked about how baking helped her cope after the death of her son....
Mary's baking therapy..
and finally... Jamie's magazine this month is just gorgeous...filled with lovely baking recipes. The brownies just look lush and I can't wait to make the "cheesecake" toastie... Great reads for this month .x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

RosieP said...

Hello Teresa.

Lovely blog, baking is very theraputic. I'm off to see Jo Wheatley tomorrow for the day.

Hugs Jill xx

Thursday, 8 March 2012

Bake yourself Happy....

As previously blogged, baking has been my salvation in times of stress and depression and it seems I'm not alone.... Mary, Jamie and Marian are all telling us to bake ourselves happy!
Last week I picked up the gorgeous Saved by Cake from the author Marian Keyes, written in her distinctive witty style. The book is kitsch with lots of pink!...and oodles of scrummy recipes. I really liked the book, the recipes are varied and I think that it's a great book for both the seasoned and occasional baker, especially as it doesn't all look perfect!

The grandmother of baking, the lovely Mary Berry has recently talked about how baking helped her cope after the death of her son....
Mary's baking therapy..
and finally... Jamie's magazine this month is just gorgeous...filled with lovely baking recipes. The brownies just look lush and I can't wait to make the "cheesecake" toastie... Great reads for this month .x

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

RosieP said...

Hello Teresa.

Lovely blog, baking is very theraputic. I'm off to see Jo Wheatley tomorrow for the day.

Hugs Jill xx