Monday, 5 March 2012

East London Girl...

Over the last few weeks I've been hooked on two tv shows, Call the Midwife and Whitechapel. Both are set in the East End of London but 50 years apart.
Call the Midwife is the fabulous adaption of the trilogy of books written by Jennifer Worth. With a stella cast,including the fabulous Miranda Hart playing Chummie, it has been a pure joy to watch. Perfect Sunday night TV.



The second has been the gripping, and scary Whitechapel, shot in and around East & South London ( Konditor & Cook masquerading as the scary sweet shop in episodes 3 & 4 !) starring the beautiful and gorgeous Rupert Penry Jones (swoon) and his sidekick Phil Daniels, this series has had me hiding behind a cushion on many occasion, but I have loved it!!!



Anything with RPJ in it has my vote!
I'm not the only one to have a small crush on the gorgeous Rupert... This clip on You Tube has made me laugh lots this week... Gorgeous Rupert with Holly on "This Morning" I'd be as giddy as her!......

Rupert on This Morning with Holly!

Enjoy... Off to watch last episode of Whitechapel.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I enjoyed both these and think this series of Whitechapel was the best. The last episode ending was brilliant!

Archies Mum said...

I really enjoyed Call the Midwife, and I'm still missing it now. It was brilliant. I didn't watch Whitechapel tho'. I've just finished watching Prisoners Wives, that was really good and am disappointed that its finished too. Maybe there will be more of the same soon (I hope).

Monday, 5 March 2012

East London Girl...

Over the last few weeks I've been hooked on two tv shows, Call the Midwife and Whitechapel. Both are set in the East End of London but 50 years apart.
Call the Midwife is the fabulous adaption of the trilogy of books written by Jennifer Worth. With a stella cast,including the fabulous Miranda Hart playing Chummie, it has been a pure joy to watch. Perfect Sunday night TV.



The second has been the gripping, and scary Whitechapel, shot in and around East & South London ( Konditor & Cook masquerading as the scary sweet shop in episodes 3 & 4 !) starring the beautiful and gorgeous Rupert Penry Jones (swoon) and his sidekick Phil Daniels, this series has had me hiding behind a cushion on many occasion, but I have loved it!!!



Anything with RPJ in it has my vote!
I'm not the only one to have a small crush on the gorgeous Rupert... This clip on You Tube has made me laugh lots this week... Gorgeous Rupert with Holly on "This Morning" I'd be as giddy as her!......

Rupert on This Morning with Holly!

Enjoy... Off to watch last episode of Whitechapel.....

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I enjoyed both these and think this series of Whitechapel was the best. The last episode ending was brilliant!

Archies Mum said...

I really enjoyed Call the Midwife, and I'm still missing it now. It was brilliant. I didn't watch Whitechapel tho'. I've just finished watching Prisoners Wives, that was really good and am disappointed that its finished too. Maybe there will be more of the same soon (I hope).