Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Doorstep treats!

I, along with many bloggers who bake search far & wide for a gastronomic delight to talk about, when sometimes some real treats are right under your nose!
It's not often that I blog directly about the big yellow store but today I thought I would share with you some recent treats & sweets that I stumbled upon in a small corner of the food hall.

Nestled between the magnificent Macaron's from Pierre Herme and the delightful cupcake bar from Lola's is the Yellow stores bakery.


Along with the bakery basics, you can now purchase the Borough market famous St Johns range, a must for any bakery connoisseur. The Eccles cakes are melt in the mouth moments, having the ability to transport you back to another era instantly. Delicious...
Recent additions to the cake & patisserie bar are Kookybakes cupcakes, described as 4D cupcakes, it's layer upon layer of flavour & textures..

I've only tried the blueberry cheesecake cupcake, but can honestly say its probably been one of the best cupcakes that I've had. It's a feast on the senses...

All look amazing and are a great addition to the range, along with a selection of cupcakes from Ella's bakehouse (aka Lorraine Pascale) and cake pops from Molly Bakes.
A selection of bagged treats, & brownies have been available from Konditor & Cook for some time, but these have recently been joined by the yummy meringues and marshmallows from Beas of Bloomsbury.

The media is constantly looking for the 'new' cupcake and marshmallows seem to be 'on trend' at the moment along with meringues.They look gorgeous, I have the raspberry meringues and Passionfruit marshmallows to try!... The Baileys marshmallows are also on my "to try" list!
Nothing for me will replace the cupcake, but believe a goodie bag of marshmallows and meringues have a place in the bakers heart, even if you just only admire the complexities of baking and getting them 'just' right!
So if you are passing through the big yellow store pop in and try some new sweets & treats....all an indulgent delicious treat..enjoy!
Beas of Bloomsbury
St John Bakery
Kookybakes
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I think I'm well overdue a trip to the yellow stores food hall!

Victoria xxx

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Doorstep treats!

I, along with many bloggers who bake search far & wide for a gastronomic delight to talk about, when sometimes some real treats are right under your nose!
It's not often that I blog directly about the big yellow store but today I thought I would share with you some recent treats & sweets that I stumbled upon in a small corner of the food hall.

Nestled between the magnificent Macaron's from Pierre Herme and the delightful cupcake bar from Lola's is the Yellow stores bakery.


Along with the bakery basics, you can now purchase the Borough market famous St Johns range, a must for any bakery connoisseur. The Eccles cakes are melt in the mouth moments, having the ability to transport you back to another era instantly. Delicious...
Recent additions to the cake & patisserie bar are Kookybakes cupcakes, described as 4D cupcakes, it's layer upon layer of flavour & textures..

I've only tried the blueberry cheesecake cupcake, but can honestly say its probably been one of the best cupcakes that I've had. It's a feast on the senses...

All look amazing and are a great addition to the range, along with a selection of cupcakes from Ella's bakehouse (aka Lorraine Pascale) and cake pops from Molly Bakes.
A selection of bagged treats, & brownies have been available from Konditor & Cook for some time, but these have recently been joined by the yummy meringues and marshmallows from Beas of Bloomsbury.

The media is constantly looking for the 'new' cupcake and marshmallows seem to be 'on trend' at the moment along with meringues.They look gorgeous, I have the raspberry meringues and Passionfruit marshmallows to try!... The Baileys marshmallows are also on my "to try" list!
Nothing for me will replace the cupcake, but believe a goodie bag of marshmallows and meringues have a place in the bakers heart, even if you just only admire the complexities of baking and getting them 'just' right!
So if you are passing through the big yellow store pop in and try some new sweets & treats....all an indulgent delicious treat..enjoy!
Beas of Bloomsbury
St John Bakery
Kookybakes
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I think I'm well overdue a trip to the yellow stores food hall!

Victoria xxx