Tuesday, 10 April 2012

TV Treats.....

I fell out of love with the TV for a while, there was little that I watched in 'real' time thanks to my BT box... however over the past few weeks I have become a little hooked on a few programmes. I'm not a huge reality fan and avoid most of them like the plague.. so weekend viewing is often a struggle!... this has changed with the discovery of a fabulous box set just been released to my vision box and a couple of dramas grabbing my attention...
The box set in question is the fabulous Blue Bloods... bought to the small screen by the writers of The Sopranos its not only a great crime drama set in New York but a story of an Irish catholic family and their sibling squabbles... all culminating around a dinner table at some point during each episode... great cast featuring Tom Selleck and Donnie Whalburg, I'm hooked.... can't wait for season 2
The TV programme keeping me completely hooked on a Sunday night is the fabulous Homeland, I know that I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but it just gets better and better each week. Its a roller coaster of a drama, has an American operative in Afghanistan been turned?... you swing from yes to no each week, cant wait for the finale and surprisingly I haven't googled and spoilers because I don't want to know until its aired!

Two episodes in and Im warming to Once Upon a Time.... where all the characters in fairy tales have been frozen in time in the town of Storybrook... very clever twist on the fairy tale... from the makers of Lost I am sure it will be filled with hidden clues and sub plots.... and easy watch...
Fourth treat in is the fabulous Good Wife... now onto season 3, its a real cat and mouse within the legal and political world of America... Its the LA Law of this decade... I love it, especially now Alicia is now caught between Peter and Will....(anything with My Big in it is always a winner for me!)
and my final treat is not a TV show but and advert... its the fabulous dancing flame from EDF energy... its been called many things which are not printable on this blog! as it doesn't resemble a flame and it gets very excited with the appliances, BUT it really makes me smile and the song takes me back to the 80's in an instance!

Hope that you enjoyed my TV treats, what have been yours this week?...

1 comment:

Archies Mum said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing easter. I'm sorry to say that I am only watching one of the programmes you've mentioned and thats Once Upon a Time. A brilliant twist on a fairy tale, I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.

Tuesday, 10 April 2012

TV Treats.....

I fell out of love with the TV for a while, there was little that I watched in 'real' time thanks to my BT box... however over the past few weeks I have become a little hooked on a few programmes. I'm not a huge reality fan and avoid most of them like the plague.. so weekend viewing is often a struggle!... this has changed with the discovery of a fabulous box set just been released to my vision box and a couple of dramas grabbing my attention...
The box set in question is the fabulous Blue Bloods... bought to the small screen by the writers of The Sopranos its not only a great crime drama set in New York but a story of an Irish catholic family and their sibling squabbles... all culminating around a dinner table at some point during each episode... great cast featuring Tom Selleck and Donnie Whalburg, I'm hooked.... can't wait for season 2
The TV programme keeping me completely hooked on a Sunday night is the fabulous Homeland, I know that I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, but it just gets better and better each week. Its a roller coaster of a drama, has an American operative in Afghanistan been turned?... you swing from yes to no each week, cant wait for the finale and surprisingly I haven't googled and spoilers because I don't want to know until its aired!

Two episodes in and Im warming to Once Upon a Time.... where all the characters in fairy tales have been frozen in time in the town of Storybrook... very clever twist on the fairy tale... from the makers of Lost I am sure it will be filled with hidden clues and sub plots.... and easy watch...
Fourth treat in is the fabulous Good Wife... now onto season 3, its a real cat and mouse within the legal and political world of America... Its the LA Law of this decade... I love it, especially now Alicia is now caught between Peter and Will....(anything with My Big in it is always a winner for me!)
and my final treat is not a TV show but and advert... its the fabulous dancing flame from EDF energy... its been called many things which are not printable on this blog! as it doesn't resemble a flame and it gets very excited with the appliances, BUT it really makes me smile and the song takes me back to the 80's in an instance!

Hope that you enjoyed my TV treats, what have been yours this week?...

1 comment:

Archies Mum said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing easter. I'm sorry to say that I am only watching one of the programmes you've mentioned and thats Once Upon a Time. A brilliant twist on a fairy tale, I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.