Monday, 18 June 2012

it's the little things....

that have put a smile on my face of late....
if you are like me and now completely fed up with the weather, and feeling cold & damp ( yes its June, I know that its Britain, but even for our standards, we could do with a little sunshine and blue skys for more than 1 day?)... so I've been trying to banish a few of the brolly blues...
1. Silk - BBC drama starring Maxine Peake and the delicious Rupert Penry Jones.. who as most of you know I'm a bit of a fan.. and bravo to the BBC, as episodes 1-3 hooked the ladies in with gratuitous shots of Rupert in various states of undress!... i was quite happy!. Series 2 has been grittier than series 1, with some great supporting cast members. The British legal service has never looked sexier, last in the series this week ;-(
2. My 2nd TV treat is Revenge - episode 4 tonight on E4 (all previous episodes available on 4OD) Oh my this is fabulous, set in the Hamptons is full of glamour, greed and one girls orchestrated revenge... I'm loving it!
see trailer...
3. Pinterest .... WARNING you can loose hours on this, its like scrapbooking online. I'm also loving that some retailers have now signed up to this.. Cath Kidston is one which makes compiling your wish list even more prettier.. loving it.
4. This weekend I caught the trainer for Magic Mike, starring Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey and Joe Manganiello from True Blood... a chick flick that needs to be seen on the BIG screen!... great to while away a couple of hours during the football!...
that's it for me today.... whats made you smile this week?.. enjoy x

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Revenge is great isn't it - one of those easy shows to watch you escape in although I hate that it's just one hour a week!! I get so impatient waiting for the next episode!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Thank you so much for reviewing Revenge. I'm slowly catching up. Watched 2 episodes last night before my battery on the lap top died on me. Love love love it. Its been ages since I've watched a really good series. As the saying goes "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" so true.

Pennyblossoms said...

I love Revenge too much I think...I have been known to watch the repeat in the same week!
One hour a week is definitely not enough and I think it is 33 episodes. How can I keep going for 33 WEEKS? That takes us into 2013 doesn't it? Madness!
Z xx

Monday, 18 June 2012

it's the little things....

that have put a smile on my face of late....
if you are like me and now completely fed up with the weather, and feeling cold & damp ( yes its June, I know that its Britain, but even for our standards, we could do with a little sunshine and blue skys for more than 1 day?)... so I've been trying to banish a few of the brolly blues...
1. Silk - BBC drama starring Maxine Peake and the delicious Rupert Penry Jones.. who as most of you know I'm a bit of a fan.. and bravo to the BBC, as episodes 1-3 hooked the ladies in with gratuitous shots of Rupert in various states of undress!... i was quite happy!. Series 2 has been grittier than series 1, with some great supporting cast members. The British legal service has never looked sexier, last in the series this week ;-(
2. My 2nd TV treat is Revenge - episode 4 tonight on E4 (all previous episodes available on 4OD) Oh my this is fabulous, set in the Hamptons is full of glamour, greed and one girls orchestrated revenge... I'm loving it!
see trailer...
3. Pinterest .... WARNING you can loose hours on this, its like scrapbooking online. I'm also loving that some retailers have now signed up to this.. Cath Kidston is one which makes compiling your wish list even more prettier.. loving it.
4. This weekend I caught the trainer for Magic Mike, starring Channing Tatum, Matthew McConaughey and Joe Manganiello from True Blood... a chick flick that needs to be seen on the BIG screen!... great to while away a couple of hours during the football!...
that's it for me today.... whats made you smile this week?.. enjoy x

3 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Revenge is great isn't it - one of those easy shows to watch you escape in although I hate that it's just one hour a week!! I get so impatient waiting for the next episode!

Victoria xx

Archies Mum said...

Thank you so much for reviewing Revenge. I'm slowly catching up. Watched 2 episodes last night before my battery on the lap top died on me. Love love love it. Its been ages since I've watched a really good series. As the saying goes "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" so true.

Pennyblossoms said...

I love Revenge too much I think...I have been known to watch the repeat in the same week!
One hour a week is definitely not enough and I think it is 33 episodes. How can I keep going for 33 WEEKS? That takes us into 2013 doesn't it? Madness!
Z xx