Thursday, 7 June 2012

Jam packed jubilee....part1

My life sometimes resembles that feeling that you have when waiting at a bus stop, wait ages for something to come along and then lots of things come altogether,just like buses!. The jubilee weekend was a little like that for me. In the space of 4 days I hosted a retirement party, had a wedding cake for a friend comprising of 180 cupcakes to make & deliver, spent a day out in London and assisted with a Jubilee afternoon tea party!



On the Friday before the jubilee, one of my team retired after 28 years, so a retirement afternoon tea was required, along with a cake made by myself. During the week he also had 3 leaving do's!....Cake & presents were transported into London on the morning that the household cavalry were practising the jubilee parade! Which was fantastic to see, but a little frustrating stuck in traffic at 6am.Send off for Mr C was great fun with a few tears shed at the end, he has been one of the nicest people that I have worked with and will be truly missed...
Retirement party complete my next task was the wedding cake. This compromised of a two tier cake for the top, chocolate & fruit, with 5 different flavoured cupcakes, chocolate, vanilla, carrot, toffee & coffee, all to compliment the cappuccino colouring of the wedding.
I decamped to my friends house after the baking was complete for a mammoth ice and mini meltdown, in between this we spent a fun filled afternoon in London and an evening with Russell!.Sunday morning dawned early for completion of cupcakes and along with carrot cake pops for the kids, all was delivered safely, and bride happy.



Sunday evening was spent recuperating on the sofa, preparing ourselves for a Jubilee garden party on the Monday.... Part 2 to follow!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Thursday, 7 June 2012

Jam packed jubilee....part1

My life sometimes resembles that feeling that you have when waiting at a bus stop, wait ages for something to come along and then lots of things come altogether,just like buses!. The jubilee weekend was a little like that for me. In the space of 4 days I hosted a retirement party, had a wedding cake for a friend comprising of 180 cupcakes to make & deliver, spent a day out in London and assisted with a Jubilee afternoon tea party!



On the Friday before the jubilee, one of my team retired after 28 years, so a retirement afternoon tea was required, along with a cake made by myself. During the week he also had 3 leaving do's!....Cake & presents were transported into London on the morning that the household cavalry were practising the jubilee parade! Which was fantastic to see, but a little frustrating stuck in traffic at 6am.Send off for Mr C was great fun with a few tears shed at the end, he has been one of the nicest people that I have worked with and will be truly missed...
Retirement party complete my next task was the wedding cake. This compromised of a two tier cake for the top, chocolate & fruit, with 5 different flavoured cupcakes, chocolate, vanilla, carrot, toffee & coffee, all to compliment the cappuccino colouring of the wedding.
I decamped to my friends house after the baking was complete for a mammoth ice and mini meltdown, in between this we spent a fun filled afternoon in London and an evening with Russell!.Sunday morning dawned early for completion of cupcakes and along with carrot cake pops for the kids, all was delivered safely, and bride happy.



Sunday evening was spent recuperating on the sofa, preparing ourselves for a Jubilee garden party on the Monday.... Part 2 to follow!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: